• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I remember reading somewhere that even felons are allowed to own firearms in Texas as long as they stay in the house. Is this incorrect?
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What about black powder firearms?
    Black powder and pre-1898 guns should be fine, but you should still consult a lawyer. Don't just take internet advice at face value...

There's also air guns, (don't laugh; there are some out there quite capable of taking game or defending yourself with), bows, and always pepper spray

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Look...with all due respect, before you do ANYTHING - talk with an attorney knowledgeable about the law as it pertains to owning guns. Let him advise you on the options and restrictions - don't let us be the ones to cause you to sell guns!

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    Could I (or is it possible) to get the charges expunged? Or am I pretty much sunk? What about black powder firearms?

Consult an attorney. It might take a pardon from the governor, but it seems nearly anything is possible in our legal system with enough money and the legal counsel it can buy.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Felons can hunt with muzzle loader, bow/ crossbow. Pre 1898 fire arms or replicas so long as the weapon does not chamber rimfire or centerfire ammunition. I will say there's there some pretty BA cap n' ball rifles on the market, revolvers for that matter too. Not sure how the gubbmint feels about felons defending themselves though.

Top Bottom