• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Hokay... So I took my CHL course at Red River Firearms in Sherman, Texas on the day of Halloween. It was a Saturday. Those twelve hours were interesting, The instructor, Brad Blankenship kept it moving smoothly, and it felt like I was there for two instead of twelve hours. Anywho. I didn't get to mail off my packet till maybe the second or third of November and think nothing else of it. I get my PIN about two weeks later and have been checking it every day since. Until today. Well, just a smidgen under a month, I get the golden ticket so to speak.
    The DPS are really on the ball down there in the capitol.
    capturecf.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

dpdtc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Spring
    Wow! That is fast. This makes me wonder. Are there less applications being sent in now? Are they rushing through the process and not taking the time they used to to clear someone? My brother inlaw got his in just under 2 months. I hope they are still doing all the background stuff correctly and they are just getting caught up. DRod not saying you should not get one just alot have been coming in pretty quick lately.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Thanks guys. makes me wonder if my brother put a PostIt note one someones desk, lol.

I asked him a few weeks ago if he could push it along, jokingly of course. He said no and even if he could he wouldnt. Wrong department in the wrong city, he said.

Part of me wonders though... hmm.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Got it today. So... right at a month if I mailed it when I think I did.

Yay.

Top Bottom