• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guy Fawkes

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 1, 2018
    Converse
    Now, CHL holders can carry in places of Worship. If the church has signs that state no guns allowed what then? Say if you went in and it was discovered that you were carrying a concealed hang gun what happens to you? Is that a crime?
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Now, CHL holders can carry in places of Worship. If the church has signs that state no guns allowed what then? Say if you went in and it was discovered that you were carrying a concealed hang gun what happens to you? Is that a crime?

No.
    Unless they ask you to leave, and you don't...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Being allowed to carry in a church didn't change today. The only change was the removal of some words that led to confusion on the matter since carrying in a church was allowed after the initial law passed, but the original wording was left alone and then more words added later that said to ignore the church part.

Places of worship are no different than any other location. Proper notice, by legal signs or other methods means don't carry or leave when asked.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No guns allowed signs or 30.06 notice?

Two totally different situations.

If your place of worship has 30.06 or 30.07 posted then find a different one. Pretty simple.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Under the "old" law, churches still had to post 30.06 signs to prevent licensed individuals from carrying there, i.e. effective notice had to be given...

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:

(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
    (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Yep.
    Need a pastor with a CCW.
    Deacons need to carry as a part of their station
    Parishioners should be encouraged to carry.
    It would be great if there were a shooting league with a night for devotion and competition.
    This is actually the case in a growing number of congregations where active members serve as armed worshippers.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep.
    It would be great if there were a shooting league with a night for devotion and competition.
    Pretty much the way my church is. Actually had someone ask me to cover them when they were baptized.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yep.
    May dad has carried behind the pulpit before. He usually wears a nice robe, hidden under there was a small pistol. Several others in the congregation carried, including some retired LEOs.

His current church held a carry class a few months ago.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    May dad has carried behind the pulpit before. He usually wears a nice robe, hidden under there was a small pistol. Several others in the congregation carried, including some retired LEOs.

His current church held a carry class a few months ago.
    Sounds like a man with a good grip on the "Gospel Gun".

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    30.06 and 30.07 signs, as well as written and verbal notice, are still enforceable under those statutes.

All the change did was take away the ability to be charged under penal code 46.035.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    My church just recently got interested in the security aspect.
    We are a small church about 200-250 people and no former LEO or military
    Me and other 5 people started carrying on a regular basis plus we are also ushers so on each service there's at least one of us armed.
    Right now we can't afford any paid for training and we're taking a chance by just going once a month as a group shooting. Plus whatever training we get by ourselves.
    The church has a very mixed opinion on the matter (even though they are most of them political asylum seekers from the Ceaușescu comunist era and you'd think they appreciate an armed society) and we don't advertise that we are carrying as to not "upset" the ones that don't agree.

When the pastor mentioned posting signs on the entrance, I talked him out of it as they don't work.
    Honestly I would like to know who is carrying in church in case something happens, we don't shoot an innocent guy that pulls a gun out at the wrong time, pointing it at the wrong people but that's just what we have to deal with.

What training are you guys taking, recommend for church security?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I carry all the time in church under retired creds but honestly if you do it right, no one should know so signage is immaterial though I am not advocating anyone break the law. I go to a mega church that has signage, hires uniformed officers and have a security team, many armed.

You really need to get your pastor on board or cease the security team all together. Once on board, training is definitely needed for liability purposes. Also consider the name Safety Team instead and prepare for things other than an AS. Awareness is your primary skill needed to twart your attack. Alsp head over to DHS web site who uas a lot of things to say on security for places of worship and it is all pretty good.

I spoke with my buddy who attends a small to medium size church in the country. They just started a team and a deacon paid for everyone on the team to get their LTC. They also just had a nut show up twice saying he had talked to God and wanted to tell the church - which is mostly want you will deal with besides DV issues and child custody stuff in children's church. Be a hard target to make them go elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My church just recently got interested in the security aspect.
    We are a small church about 200-250 people and no former LEO or military
    Me and other 5 people started carrying on a regular basis plus we are also ushers so on each service there's at least one of us armed.
    Right now we can't afford any paid for training and we're taking a chance by just going once a month as a group shooting. Plus whatever training we get by ourselves.
    The church has a very mixed opinion on the matter (even though they are most of them political asylum seekers from the Ceaușescu comunist era and you'd think they appreciate an armed society) and we don't advertise that we are carrying as to not "upset" the ones that don't agree.

When the pastor mentioned posting signs on the entrance, I talked him out of it as they don't work.
    Honestly I would like to know who is carrying in church in case something happens, we don't shoot an innocent guy that pulls a gun out at the wrong time, pointing it at the wrong people but that's just what we have to deal with.

What training are you guys taking, recommend for church security?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Wow. That is really interesting about the Ceaușescu stuff. I would also be interested in some training.

Top Bottom