• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Well, I have to tell a funny story on myself.

The classwork was done Thursday and we went to the range on Friday. We had to qualify with both a revolver and a Semi-Auto Pistol. We started with revolvers I used a borrowed Ruger Security Six and I did fine even though I am more used to shooting my pistols. Shot a 249 out of 250, Then the semis came. I shot my PT845 and was fully expecting a perfect score, I mean I've never had a problem with this gun and I can shoot it very well. We fired the first 5 rounds one shot each time the target turned to face us. The next 5 shots was to be 2 shots first then 3 shots the next time the target turned. I fired the first two and the dang magazine hit the ground!!!!!!!!!! #@%$#^^%^% :banghead: I quickly picked it up and put it back in the gun as the target turned back towards me, I pulled the trigger and "click" #@$#@%$@$!!!!!!!!! no round in the chamber DUH!!!!!!!! I racked one in and rapid fired the 3 shots before the target could turn away from me. Whew! Talk about a heart thumper. that little rapid fire burst got everyone's attention. LOL The DPS range officer behind me kind of chuckled and said I moved quicker than he thought I would. (hey fat boys can move when we need to)

Anyways, not sure why the mag fell out, I have never had that happen EVER. It didn't do it again the rest of the loads, but it did make me check it each time I loaded up. It was also a little humbling, it caused me to put 3 shots just above the 8 ring into the 7 making my score 247 out of 250. Not bad but not the 250 I was expecting.

After reviewing everything, I think maybe I hit the mag release with my weapon hand because my support hand doesn't ride there. (ambi release)It was very surprising though because my mag release is pretty stiff. It could have possibly just not been in all the way?????

It was good practice even if it was bad timing. Nothing like doing a reload under that kind of stress. Try dropping your mag, retrieve it, insert it, click an empty chamber, rack and fire three shots all under 3 seconds. LOL Like I said, I was moving rather quickly for a change.

Oh well, passing is passing, and now I have another story to tell.

Top Bottom