• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMG2010

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    TX
    My license is up for renewal this year. Didn't TX law recently change so that a renewal class is no longer needed? We can just renew online and pay the state fee, right? Or did I dream that?

Thanks.
    Target Sports

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    My license is up for renewal this year. Didn't TX law recently change so that a renewal class is no longer needed? We can just renew online and pay the state fee, right? Or did I dream that?

Thanks.

Yeah you can as long as they don't need any additional documentation. For some reason they need to see my DD214 so I have to get it to them.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I renewed my CHL six months before it expired. I got into the Texas site and paid my fees ($35 for Senior) online. In response, they emailed a large Barcode. That pays the fees but does NOT renew the license.

You fill out the application, and send the barcode by fax, email or snail mail to the address listed in Austin. They have an online feature that keeps track of your renewal. If they require additional information, that is reflected in the tracking feature. My renewal took about 6 weeks.

It was my second renewal and it required no photo, prints or class.

Flash

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I renewed my CHL six months before it expired. I got into the Texas site and paid my fees ($35 for Senior) online. In response, they emailed a large Barcode. That pays the fees but does NOT renew the license.

You fill out the application, and send the barcode by fax, email or snail mail to the address listed in Austin. They have an online feature that keeps track of your renewal. If they require additional information, that is reflected in the tracking feature. My renewal took about 6 weeks.

Flash
    this

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The on-line processing fee cost more than the renewal fee.

Seems the State out-sourced CHL renewals to a private company.

Good or bad? I don't know ... yet.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Unless you need other documents there is no need to send the barcode receipt page back to DPS.

this was my understanding based on what the website said and what information I was provided, the barcode is only required if sending documents.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The DD214 requirement is because vets fees are reduced and your permit will have a veterans identification on it.....

I guess the veterans notification thing is new like they do on the DL now? I didn't know about the DL until I had already waited in line and got to the counter. When she mentioned I could come back with it and wait in line again, I decided to pass. (shouldn't have since the line wasn't actually bad but I was scared it would be when I came back).

Do you have to resubmit the DD214 for the designation? They should have it on file I thought if you got the discount when you signed up I would have thought.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Thread resurrection ...

Flash

I was notified about renewal via snail mail.
    In that notification, it sent me to texas.gov and I found the link to concealed renewal.
    Logged in using my unique ID information.
    Followed the prompts which led me through what appears to be an on-line application, asking for confirmation of name, location and contact information.
    Paid the renewal fee via CC.

During the process, I had to select whether I was submitting a standard or indigent application.
    According to the criteria, I still fall into their standard category.
    Will attempt to use previously submitted photos and fingerprints.
    But, a component of that was a submission of documentation verifying income.

Seemed odd ... I could understand submitting documentation if I were applying as an indigent, but not a standard app.

I get the barcode and under the list of stuff needed ... no mention of needing proof of income.

According to this, I'm good and just need to wait ... right?

Attachments

• CHL_Renewal copy.jpg
      CHL_Renewal copy.jpg
      30.7 KB · Views: 233

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thread resurrection ...

I was notified about renewal via snail mail.
    In that notification, it sent me to texas.gov and I found the link to concealed renewal.
    Logged in using my unique ID information.
    Followed the prompts which led me through what appears to be an on-line application, asking for confirmation of name, location and contact information.
    Paid the renewal fee via CC.

During the process, I had to select whether I was submitting a standard or indigent application.
    According to the criteria, I still fall into their standard category.
    Will attempt to use previously submitted photos and fingerprints.
    But, a component of that was a submission of documentation verifying income.

Seemed odd ... I could understand submitting documentation if I were applying as an indigent, but not a standard app.

I get the barcode and under the list of stuff needed ... no mention of needing proof of income.

According to this, I'm good and just need to wait ... right?[/QUOTE

There is no proof of income needed unless applying as indigent.

Top Bottom