• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdjerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    I have taken the class and received the documents from DPS. 2Qs:

1. should i write the form number on top of each page, so if it gets lost is easier for them to find it.

2. how should i send it in, regular, certified and etc. it is not stated on the document.

Thanks.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Mine did not have the form number on the top of the app, I do remember our instructor saying if there was a number at the top it would be a good idea to do so, but you may want to wait and hear from a few instructors on here.

Also I sent mine with a delivery confirmation that I was able to check online, not a signature request (heard that gets sent to a diff office - no clue if its true) and had confirmation within 2 days later.

welcome aboard

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I have taken the class and received the documents from DPS. 2Qs:

1. should i write the form number on top of each page, so if it gets lost is easier for them to find it.

2. how should i send it in, regular, certified and etc. it is not stated on the document.

Thanks.

Are you referring to the TR100 number? If so, no. Your application will be assigned a number after they recieve it. At least that is what they said last week.

As far as certified or not, that's up to you. Even if you send iit certified and have a signature saying they recieved it doesn't mean it can't get lost. Been there done that. All mail goes through the same mail room, it can take up to 3 weeks for it to make it from there to the department or desk it is intended for. I actually had less trouble mailing regular mail than certified. YMMV

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas

When I received my packet from DPS, there was a number (not the TR100 form number) on my application. I wrote that number on each of the other sheets in the packet. Charles Cotton suggested to do this at TexasCHLForum. I don't know if it helped, but it has not seemed to hurt. My application is in processing.

I sent mine USPS mail with a tracking number like TxEMTP69. That way I would know that it got there, but nobody would have to be bothered to sign anything.

Top Bottom