• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    . . . . . .The term in question is "bear"....and to what point the "security" of others is compromised by one's right to bear arms. . . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe that we have a right to "security" that is somehow connected with the right to bear arms.

IMO, this could mean that the people could be disarmed in the name of "securing" them. (they really need a smiley face with a tin foil hat).

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe that we have a right to "security" that is somehow connected with the right to bear arms.

IMO, this could mean that the people could be disarmed in the name of "securing" them.

That's what they do at Airports, Colleges, Sporting events, Government buildings and any other place where it's illegal to carry.....and we all know how well that works.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Opinion: Fear is generally a state of mind, it can be applied to and irrational in many if not most situations. Many people purchase guns out of a sense of potential fear, is that irrational?

Is the fear that there are those who would choose to do you harm irrational? Maybe some of the answer lies in how much an individual allows fear to control their life. Does this mean that ALL fears are irrational?

History, Crime Statistics, Media sensationalism and human nature may suggest not. Character and personal temperament may have more to bear on what is REAL and what is irrational. We can make choices, hopefully we don't allow fear to control us and to make our choices for us. Good Luck.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Fear is also a tool and a natural sense that promotes additional awareness in situations that are potentially hazardous. The ability to understand one's own fear and retain rational judgement is key to maintaing control over any situation.

Similarly, A person who carries has a tool to aid in his/her decision making process and thus another option. The mere presence of his/her firearm may in fact help to surpress irrational decision making or panic by re-assuring thier control in a life-threatening situation.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I have to agree with TXlegis. To say carring a gun is a privledge is the mind being brain washed by the media on TV. Thats the attitude we cant have because if we think like that then there are other gun laws that we will think is ok. I go back to what me grandfather told me. He took a gun to school as a kid for show-n-tell with no problem. If we think we live in a different society now then why do we. Not bragging but u ask my 10 yr old son the 3 gun rules and he will repeat them.
    (1) No such thing as a unloaded gun
    (2) Allways and I meen allways point in a safe direction that incl gun shops when looking to buy. Cant stand what ive seen customers do.
    (3) Point the gun with the finger on the trigger only if you are going to fire no ifs ands or butts about it.

My grandfather,father,myseld and hopefully my son if iv done my job has never had a gun accident. Sorry about the speach just blowing off steam.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have to agree with TXlegis. To say carring a gun is a privledge is the mind being brain washed by the media on TV. Thats the attitude we cant have because if we think like that then there are other gun laws that we will think is ok. I go back to what me grandfather told me. He took a gun to school as a kid for show-n-tell with no problem. If we think we live in a different society now then why do we. Not bragging but u ask my 10 yr old son the 3 gun rules and he will repeat them.
    (1) No such thing as a unloaded gun
    (2) Allways and I meen allways point in a safe direction that incl gun shops when looking to buy. Cant stand what ive seen customers do.
    (3) Point the gun with the finger on the trigger only if you are going to fire no ifs ands or butts about it.

My grandfather,father,myseld and hopefully my son if iv done my job has never had a gun accident. Sorry about the speach just blowing off steam.

Dad, there are four Cardinal rules of gun safety; ;)

1. Treat all guns as though they are loaded-always
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until on target and ready to fire.
    3. Never allow the muzzle to cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    4. Always know your target and what is beyond.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    TXinvest you are correct sir thats why I never stop learning. Very good point Son come here dad has one more rule to add.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    CHL is indeed an infringement. That being said, I have mine based on the Sun Tzu principal of "pick your battles" Same reason I grumble and complain when I write the IRS their check every year, it is not a battle I care to fight at this point in my life.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Do "they" actually KNOW you bought a firearm?
    Or do "they" only know you WANTED to buy one?
    You can back out of a sale after NICS check, no?
    Although they could subpoena dealer sales records.

Many of you still miss the point, or don't understand the NICS check.

The above is true, but not the whole story.

I sell firearms and I call NICS almost everyday. On one occasion, another employee failed to notate the NICS approving agent's ID number on the form. Then,a couple of days later, I called NICS with the transaction number to get the agents ID number. I was told that it was no longer in the system, and they had no way of retrieving it. The background check is only good for 24 hours. We are not asked make, model or serial number, just handgun or long gun. It is NOT a registration like so many think.

Dealer records are not a registration either. I cannot type in your name and see what we've sold you. All I can do is track a piticular serial number to a buyer, but I must have the serial number first to do that. Years of 4473 forms are locked away, and it would be next to impossible to go through them tracking everyone who has ever bought a gun from us. They are also kept in chronalogical order, not alphabeticaly. When a customer calls asking for their serial number because their gun was stolen, we don't even try to look for it unless they have the exact purchase date. And if that gun you bought five years ago was dug up via the 4473, you can explain that you sold it in a FTF transaction years ago, and have no record of the buyer....or you lost it in a boating accident

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom