• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    So this will be my 4th renewal or actually original and 3. 1997 original, 2002 renewal, 2006 renewal and now due May 2011. I am disabled vet and of course....senior citizen....question is.
    1. Anyone know total cost?
    2. Can I do all on line? (which would mean no range qualification.)
    3. Or would I be better off just going back to place where I have gone from the git go?
    (A local pawn shop who's owner is certified CHL instructor.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Your fee should be half price. You may be eligibile to renew online and not need a class this time. I suggest calling DPS to be sure.

Will call in the morning. Received a letter from TX Dept of PS saying I had the opportunity to use the on line renewal process. Thought it was just a standard letter for anyone who's renewal is coming up. Guess if I qualify......means I wouldn't have to submit fingerprints again??

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I did the on-line process just before the end of the year and my new card came in the mail yesterday. From the renewal instructions, I thought I'd have to send in some kind of signed document, but I didn't get around to doing that and the card came anyway. As a Senior Citizen, my renewal was (I think) less than $40.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I did the on-line process just before the end of the year and my new card came in the mail yesterday. From the renewal instructions, I thought I'd have to send in some kind of signed document, but I didn't get around to doing that and the card came anyway. As a Senior Citizen, my renewal was (I think) less than $40.

Yep....just finished mine a couple of hours ago. $35.00 + 2.00 processing fee. Very simple process!

Top Bottom