• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    As a side note to this...

Yes they can, just like I can have you arrested for failing to carry a concealed weapon on my land if you refuse to leave. The charge is tresspass nothing more

My small company (all three of my personalities) and 3 other employees abide by the rule. Its a condition of employment that they carry at all times when on company business unless the location they are going to prohibits it.

I wonder where I could get a sign:
    "Firearms are required to enter or remain on this property, failure to be in possession of a firearm unless permission is obtained, will be considered trespassing and you may be arrested and charged with CRIMINAL TRESPASS, in accordance with Texas Penal Code Section 30.05. "

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I wonder where I could get a sign:
    "Firearms are required to enter or remain on this property, failure to be in possession of a firearm unless permission is obtained, will be considered trespassing and you may be arrested and charged with CRIMINAL TRESPASS, in accordance with Texas Penal Code Section 30.05. "

While we're at it, let's require a few working brain cells, sense of personal responsibility, understanding of and respect for our Founding Fathers, and a general disdain for all things "green." Let's add to that NO pants hanging below the butt, NO clothing made from hemp, NO Birkenstocks, no rainbow t-shirts, stickers or patches, no gauged ears, no facial piercings and ABSOLUTELY NO tramp stamps!!!!

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Effective notice under 30.06 is required to prevent you from carrying on most private property. Signs that do not comply have no effect on you as a CHL holder. Verbal notification is considered effective notice. You do NOT have to ask for permission. Keep your mouth shut. Keep your weapon concealed. You'll be fine.
    +1

There would be only 3 reasons I can think why they would know you are carrying.

1 - you aren't concealed - concealed is concealed leave it that way.
    2 - you asked or made someone aware you are carrying - concealed is concealed leave it that way
    3 - you had to defend yourself

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    while we're at it, let's require a few working brain cells, sense of personal responsibility, understanding of and respect for our founding fathers, and a general disdain for all things "green." let's add to that no pants hanging below the butt, no clothing made from hemp, no birkenstocks, no rainbow t-shirts, stickers or patches, no gauged ears, no facial piercings and absolutely no tramp stamps!!!!
    +500,001

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    While we're at it, let's require a few working brain cells, sense of personal responsibility, understanding of and respect for our Founding Fathers, and a general disdain for all things "green." Let's add to that NO pants hanging below the butt, NO clothing made from hemp, NO Birkenstocks, no rainbow t-shirts, stickers or patches, no gauged ears, no facial piercings and ABSOLUTELY NO tramp stamps!!!!

Amen +500,002

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    no birkenstocks?

Damn...
    The only thing more comfortable is the $850 custom ropers

Sucks to have a messed up back and knees

As for who can make one?
    Easy, Any sign company will do it as they are just money sluts.
    If not then find another one

somedudefromhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    houston
    A question in my mind on this topic: Who is going to sit around waiting for a cop to show up and arrest them for tresspass? Just leave, they cant hold you , thats illegal too. Right? So unless a cop happens to be standing there when a CHL is "made" at even a 30.06 or 51% place, what happens?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A question in my mind on this topic: Who is going to sit around waiting for a cop to show up and arrest them for tresspass? Just leave, they cant hold you , thats illegal too. Right?
    Wrong. Any person can arrest for a breach of the public peace committed in his presence or view. Criminal Trespass is a breach of the public peace.

So unless a cop happens to be standing there when a CHL is "made" at even a 30.06 or 51% place, what happens?
    You could be charged with a felony if they ID you for 51% carry. And a Class A misdemeanor and lose your CHL PERMANENTLY, if convicted of the 30.06.

You are counting on being able to violate the law and get away with with, and base that on the presumption that someone would warn you they have called the police. A foolish assumption, in my mind.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Wrong. Any person can arrest for a breach of the public peace committed in his presence or view. Criminal Trespass is a breach of the public peace.

Didn't realize there was a exception to the felony only rule. Nice.

Art. 14.01. OFFENSE WITHIN VIEW. (a) A peace officer or any other person, may, without a warrant, arrest an offender when the offense is committed in his presence or within his view, if the offense is one classed as a felony or as an offense against the public peace.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Didn't realize there was a exception to the felony only rule. Nice.

Art. 14.01. OFFENSE WITHIN VIEW. (a) A peace officer or any other person, may, without a warrant, arrest an offender when the offense is committed in his presence or within his view, if the offense is one classed as a felony or as an offense against the public peace.

From the Code of Criminal Procedure.

;)

SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    From the Code of Criminal Procedure.

;)

So then if a person is committing an offense against the public peace, and you "arrest" someone for it, and they resist, then can you draw your CC handgun on them for resisting arrest? I would assume that someone beating the crap out of another person, just for example, would be at least an offense against the public peace??? I use this example because of questions in other threads about using your CC to protect another person.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So then if a person is committing an offense against the public peace, and you "arrest" someone for it, and they resist, then can you draw your CC handgun on them for resisting arrest? I would assume that someone beating the crap out of another person, just for example, would be at least an offense against the public peace??? I use this example because of questions in other threads about using your CC to protect another person.

You would need to read chapter 9 regarding using force to make arrests. I do not advocate untrained persons trying to make arrests. My point was academic.

Top Bottom