• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How long did it take to recive your chl?

• Total voters

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Another poll???

This poll will get you unlimited results that won't tell you anything about current times.

Check out the other threads discussing this. There are quite a few people from over the last several months tracking and reporting. You can see the recent improvement and a few that are still caught in the aftermath of the big back log.

cubsin2079

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Got my letter from DPS stating they recieved my app dated Dec. 12. Recieved my license post marked Feb. 10 On Feb 12. Thats in Harris County.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I just dropped my packet in the mail this morning, Feb. 17th.

Now when I got home I saw that the blue checklist was suppose to be in there too :banghead: I called the DPS CHL hotline to ask and the lady said that it shouldn't be a problem...

Now to wait

ou20081

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Mailed mine on Oct 14, 2008. Got the plastic back in 42 days. Denton County, if that makes a difference.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009

Now when I got home I saw that the blue checklist was suppose to be in there too :banghead: I called the DPS CHL hotline to ask and the lady said that it shouldn't be a problem...

Now to wait

I'll wait too...

Howie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Took me about 5 months.

Three months before they even ackowledged they had it.

This was smack dab in the middle of the famous CHL rush though. Early 2008.

sgtredneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Channelview,Tx

Now to wait
    I looked all over my blue form there is no where, where it say's to return your blue form with your application I believe it is just a guide or checklist to make sure you put everything in there I hope so because I still have mine and am still waiting on my chl dps recieved it on 1/28/09.
    tommy

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I looked all over my blue form there is no where, where it say's to return your blue form with your application I believe it is just a guide or checklist to make sure you put everything in there I hope so because I still have mine and am still waiting on my chl dps recieved it on 1/28/09.
    tommy

I think you're correct. I just looked over it again. What I thin happened is my brain read what my subconscious paranoia wanted it to read since it was now out of my hands and in the mail.

At the top it says "Checklist of Documents to be submitted...". Instead of me reading it as 'the list stuff you put in your packet', I think I read it as 'put the checklist in the packet'

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Woohoo! PIN received today!

But,.....

The data you have submitted indicates you may not be eligible for this service. Please verify the data submitted is correct. If you still cannot proceed, please contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744 or email chl@txdps.state.tx.us for more information.

March 27 Edit: Woohoo! PIN I was entering was incorrect by one character. No wonder.

"Processing Application"

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I took the class and mailed my packet in Feb. of 08, I was asked for the long version of my DD214 (half price) in Aug. 08, sent it a week later, and am still waiting. When I send a WTF? e-mail, I get "looks like we are in the final stage of approval". Same answer five differant times. Yep, that's well over a year.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I took the class and mailed my packet in Feb. of 08, I was asked for the long version of my DD214 (half price) in Aug. 08, sent it a week later, and am still waiting. When I send a WTF? e-mail, I get "looks like we are in the final stage of approval". Same answer five differant times. Yep, that's well over a year.

I think you might should step up the contacts a bit. Perhaps call the main number and ask for the Colonel.

tx_bhp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I gave my son a CHL class for his 21st, July '08, I took it also. I mailed on 16th. My son waited 2 months to send his (kids!). I got mine in the middle of Feb '09. My son got his the day before I did! Mine took 32 weeks. They kept telling me that Hurricane Ike had stopped them from working in Austin (???).

Top Bottom