• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I would be embarrassed to be pulled over whilst carrying and produce a TX DL and an Arizona CHL.

Whys that?

I actually recently got pulled over for the first time in years. Told the officer I had a gun and gave him my AZ chl with my TX license. All he asked was where was the gun. It didn't even seem to phase him. Oh and I got off with a written warning.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    Because I am a Texas Resident, Living in Texas. (Not to insult any body) But if i can't pass Texas's CHL test then I have no business carrying a weapon in this state. (Unless of course Texas was unlicensed CC, but it's not) Not saying you couldn't pass it - but you live in Texas, why not just get a Texas CHL?

Elmerfudge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Joshua, Texas
    When I took my CHL class a few years ago, there was an Asian mother and adult daughter. The mother could not speak English and the daughter translated in her ear during the class. They had bought a .40 semi auto that they had never fired. One fired and then the other. They both passed. I was a couple of positions down and I saw way more holes outside the target than in. I've never heard of anyone failing a class in Texas. LOL

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Because I am a Texas Resident, Living in Texas. (Not to insult any body) But if i can't pass Texas's CHL test then I have no business carrying a weapon in this state. (Unless of course Texas was unlicensed CC, but it's not) Not saying you couldn't pass it - but you live in Texas, why not just get a Texas CHL?

The ethics of paying A tax to exercise your constitutional rights? Might as well pay less.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    When I took my CHL class a few years ago, there was an Asian mother and adult daughter. The mother could not speak English and the daughter translated in her ear during the class. They had bought a .40 semi auto that they had never fired. One fired and then the other. They both passed. I was a couple of positions down and I saw way more holes outside the target than in. I've never heard of anyone failing a class in Texas. LOL

Some people get an AZ license because they can't pass the TX background check.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    deafdave; said:
    I don't know about the OP, but I'm a Louisiana resident with a Louisiana DL and CHL, living in Texas.​

Not the point I was trying to make :)

And Streb, I would prefer us to have constitutional carry, but we don't so, personally I would rather get a CHL from the state I live in, not go to another state to get it.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx

Because of my job I've been in either Iraq, Kuwait, or Arizona for the past 4 plus years. When they had me working in AZ it was all I could do to make it home once every two or three months for a weekend at best. If it was such an issue to have a CHL from your home state then why do they have reciprocity agreements with other states. I'm sure if TX felt that AZ qualifications weren't stringent enoght this wouldnt be the case and as long as its legal to keep my AZ permit while living here in TX I will.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    Because of my job I've been in either Iraq, Kuwait, or Arizona for the past 4 plus years. When they had me working in AZ it was all I could do to make it home once every two or three months for a weekend at best. If it was such an issue to have a CHL from your home state then why do they have reciprocity agreements with other states. I'm sure if TX felt that AZ qualifications weren't stringent enoght this wouldnt be the case and as long as its legal to keep my AZ permit while living here in TX I will.

Fair enough :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom