• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    There is a video I have seen in my CHL class and again at the instructor class in Austin. I am trying to find it online and after many hours of fruitless searching I am hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction (maybe a little more specific than "You Tube") It involves a man trying to "baptize" a small child while two individuals from a boat attempt to rescue said child by whacking this guuy on the head with a paddle and eventually shooting him... any help would be appreciated.
    Texas SOT

JoshuaL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Austin
    Actually, I don't know if they did shoot him. I saw blood, but I didn't hear any gun shots. I think they blood might have been from them hitting him. In fact, I think they made a point NOT to shoot him because there were pedestrians and the baby too close by.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Think you might have seen a different video, this individual was shot in the shoulder, however a link to the one you are describing would be nice as well....

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    There is a video I have seen in my CHL class and again at the instructor class in Austin. I am trying to find it online and after many hours of fruitless searching I am hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction (maybe a little more specific than "You Tube") It involves a man trying to "baptize" a small child while two individuals from a boat attempt to rescue said child by whacking this guuy on the head with a paddle and eventually shooting him... any help would be appreciated.

I saw that too D this past week at the instructor's course. I had never seen it before. The video is on the Power Point presentation that I ordered. I should have it this week.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    :confused: How'd he work that into a CHL class?

Sorry, can't help with the video though.

We saw it during our discusion on use of force to protect a third party. In my book the mistake they made was shooting the guy in the back of the shoulder, he didn't release the todler for a couple minutes after that and after several more whacks with the paddle and a piece of pipe. My concern was that shooting point blank on his shoulder it could have gone through and hit the baby. A well placed shot at the base of the skull would have ended it more quickly. It was a fairly disturbing video, it will sure make you think.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    was BG standing waist deep in water holding a child?
    was BG a black male?
    if this is it, I remember the BG kidnapped the child, LE was afraid he might drown
    child....
    I seem to recall BG surrendered kid unharmed
    I beleive it happened in Texas some where, DFW area or Houston area

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    was BG standing waist deep in water holding a child?
    was BG a black male?
    if this is it, I remember the BG kidnapped the child, LE was afraid he might drown
    child....
    I seem to recall BG surrendered kid unharmed
    I beleive it happened in Texas some where, DFW area or Houston area

Sounds about right, but the BG was holding the kid under water, and The force it took to get the kid away from him could hardly be called surrendering. Pretty tense situation none the less.

Top Bottom