• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    My favorite ammo is 230 grain +P Gold Dots for .45 ACP.

For 9mm my favorite is the 115 grain Critical Defense.

I emailed Hornady about when they were planning on a .45 ACP Critical Defense and their response was that they are not planning on it this year but to check back next year so we are SOL on that for now.

That is sad to hear.
    DK Firearms

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Right now I have 90gr Hydra Shock in my LCP. Feeds fine so far, and is about the only ones I can get my meat hooks on. I really want to try some capped JHPs loke the Hornaday Crtitical Defence FTX or PowR Ball in it though.
    And Hydras in my USP45. Ive also been known to load Golden Sabers and Cor Bon PowR Ball. But they have a lot of muzzle flip. I save them for outdoor duty. I want quick and accurate follow up with lower recoil while in my apartment. The Hydras do that better than the other two in my experience.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Got Some 124gr Federal HST for the P30 and Sig Pro. I wanted the 147gr, but didn't like the price compared to the 124.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here is a bunch of homework for all of you that still have questions for defensive ammo:

FBI Handgun Wounding Factors and Effectiveness - FirearmsTactical.com (Start Here, need to understand the physiology first)

FirearmsTactical.com - Web Site Index and Navigation Center (Nearly everything you could want to know there)
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo
    Terminal Ballistic Information - M4Carbine.net Forums (Excellent no BS forum, TONS of good data in that section too)
    Pistol Cartridges (9x19mm Luger)
    LE - Wound Ballistics
    terminal ballistics
    LE - Ballistics
    The Box O' Truth - The Box O' Truth

Do the homework, trust me. It's tedious however, after having done so, ballistic wounding factors will no longer be this mysterious, unknown subject and you will be able to recognize BS and BS products when you see them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom