• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

THE “CHIHAUHUAHDOR” RETRIEVER

Back in the Springtime of 1990, being new to Austin, we sought a good Vet to care for our beloved “Chocolate” Labrador, “SANCHO”.
    Being in a yuppie south-side development, we decided to try the new Vet on the corner.

I asked Lali to drop the dog off to have his shots updated, parasite testing, and to get a prescription for heartworm preventative medication.

As it was our habit of having the dog’s coat hair “clipped” each Spring, Lali asked me if it was time for that, too. Sure, get it done now!

Arriving home that afternoon late, the strangest sight greeted me, with eager tail-waving. It was Sancho, now totally hairless. They had SHAVED the entire dog, even removing eyelashes and hair-between toes. What a comical sight, poor puppy.

Investigating, the Vet’s staff swore that Lali had said “Doc says to SHAVE the dog!”

Anyway, no real harm had been done. But I surely got many questions from neighbors and passers-by.

Not one to miss an opportunity for a good “scam”, I developed the tale that this was the rare and very expensive Chihuahuador Retriever, from South of Juarez, developed to hunt ducks in the small playa lakes of the great Mexican Deserts, where normal dog hair would cause over-heating.

Y’all wouldn’t believe how many, especially new-to-Texas Yankees, bought that atrocious tale.

By mid-Summer, normal growth had restored most of Sancho’s coat & eyelashes, ending our spoof.

I got this great story to tell. . . . . . so sorry we don't have a photo of the hairless dog !

leVieux
    Target Sports

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom