• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEJL STORM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    College Station, TX
    2290.jpg Please excuse my absence from this thread as I have been busy with "things". Here is a picture of my lower to show you what I'm working with. PSA is a reliable manufacturer, Colt's are fine but I could not find one for a good price. 2296.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

HEJL STORM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    College Station, TX
    An aluminum PSA lower transformed into a .30-06 steel and walnut battle rifle? Post pics when done, I wanna see this.]

Lol that would be very interesting to see. Perhaps there is an upper conversion in that caliber but highly unlikely, semi auto that is. I'll do some digging in the mean time.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    View attachment 27591 Please excuse my absence from this thread as I have been busy with "things". Here is a picture of my lower to show you what I'm working with. PSA is a reliable manufacturer, Colt's are fine but I could not find one for a good price. View attachment 27589

You are fine, lowers are generally nothing more than a box you put parts into. (That is if the 'box' is built to spec. :) ) Spend your money on higher quality parts elsewhere.

If you decide you want another, earlier designed lower, you can always sell that one and buy the one you want. That does not mean that you have to do it before you assemble your rifle, you can do it next month, next quarter, next year, etc. One of the fantastic things about the AR is it's ability to evolve and change over time due to the whims of it's owner.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    An aluminum PSA lower transformed into a .30-06 steel and walnut battle rifle? Post pics when done, I wanna see this.

If what you meant is building a retro XM16 or M16 clone the best place to start is with a demilled M16 parts kit and a Nodak Spud receiver. They make XM, M16, M16A1, and other styles of receivers from times past. You'll still have to hunt down some parts to recreate an authentic clone of whatever era rifle you want to build, you'll possibly need a certain type of upper receiver, flash hider, forward assist, pistol grip, stock, etc...

The modern AR receivers look nothing like vintage ones. New ones have thicker reinforced areas, caged in mag release buttons, shell deflector and whatnot.
    You might get a kick out of this

LATEST NEWS TAR-10 at Shot Show

new model Turnbull Manufacturing AR-platform rifle that "just about buckled the knees" of a veteran gun editor was featured on GunBroker.com as a 2013 SHOT Show auction rifle and shattered the all-time SHOT Auction record with a high bid of $136,024.00.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom