• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greywarrant

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Round Rock
    What do you think about your sight being up that high? I have an Aimpoint T2 on a Knights Armament riser right now and I was thinking about going a little bit higher.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    What do you think about your sight being up that high? I have an Aimpoint T2 on a Knights Armament riser right now and I was thinking about going a little bit higher.
    Not sure if you're asking me that question. But... as of now all I have is the mount. Optics are supposed to be here today. Sadly I "thought" the LaRue AR15 was coming yesterday but t'was only the optics mount that showed up.

I chose the 1.93 mount after reading several reviews relative to mount height. My chances of shooting this set-up from the prone position seem to be mighty slim and is the leading reason why I went the the 1.93 vs the 1.4whatever it is.

Greywarrant

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Round Rock
    That’s my thought also. I don’t have a front sight post to get in the way. And I don’t really care if they cowitness in anyway. If I’m using my flip up back up sights, I just want to be able to see them through the optic that doesn’t work anymore. I also have throw levers on all my optics so if it did fail I could just take it off and not worry about trying to look through a broken optic to see my back up sights.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    That’s my thought also. I don’t have a front sight post to get in the way. And I don’t really care if they cowitness in anyway. If I’m using my flip up back up sights, I just want to be able to see them through the optic that doesn’t work anymore. I also have throw levers on all my optics so if it did fail I could just take it off and not worry about trying to look through a broken optic to see my back up sights.
    Yup... the mount I got from LaRue is a QuickDisconnect type for that reason - if it fails.

Top Bottom