• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Spent some time today shooting different loads through the chrony.... Mostly to see the difference in brand "X" vs. brand "Y" but also to see the difference when fired from my 1911 and my new AR carbine. Pretty impressive! Each load (on average) gained about 200-300 fps when fired through the carbine. So my new favorite round for the carbine is the Remington .45 acp+P JHP moving at about 1350 fps out of the carbine.

Military Camp

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Olympic makes the upper, but from the chatter on the AR-15 site, it is taking 6+ months to recieve one after you place the order. Glad I got mine last year. I love it!! MG

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    you gotta love that kind of velocity out of a chunk of lead. So the JHPs fed and fired ok without any issues? I love that gun, but it would break me shooting that much .45 ammo down range.....still thinking about a 9mm if I build one,

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    kerry, The JHP fed with no problems. I think the only thing I would change on it would to up-date the carry-handle upper for a flat top to mount a holo sight. I can shoot re-loads so the $$ isn't too bad. MG

Top Bottom