Church shooter had "arsenal"...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by 40Arpent, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    An excerpt from the linked article:

By JIM SUHR, Associated Press Writer Jim Suhr, Associated Press Writer – Wed Mar 11, 5:01 am ET

A man accused of running down and shooting an Illinois pastor to death mid-sermon left an arsenal of guns in his bedroom as well as an index card marked "Last Day Will."
    The arsenal in accused gunman Terry Sedlacek's room included two 12-gauge shotguns, a rifle and a box of 550 .22-caliber bullets, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Church shooting suspect had arsenal in bedroom

Time to send this leftist idiot Jim Suhr an e-mail as soon as I can find his address. :332:

2. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Arsenal?!!!! What an idiot!!! get him, Pete!

3. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The media will always refer to anything more than "a loaded gun" as an arsenal :rolleyes: Some is a matter of perspective. Some is sensationalization for the story. All people in media from interns to CEOS need to carry a dictionary & thesaurus and refer to them often.

Until a person actually goes shooting and experiences first hand the normal amounts of rounds a box carries, the rounds a magazine holds, the number of rounds you feel comfortable shooting, etc, they will have no perspective.

Its like a Texan telling a north-easterner how far two cities are from each other. We don't use miles, we use hours. They just don't get it until they actually drive it. :texas:

4. kfriddile

kfriddile Member

Aug 27, 2008
    cool...I must have a massive "arsenal" then :banger:

5. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    That must make us real dangerous people. To the enemy.

6. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    And here I am thinking I need thousands (not hundreds) of rounds per caliber, for it to qualify as an arsenal.;)

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Jim Suhr, out of the St. Louis AP bureau.

Someone on another forum called him. His comments and Mr. Suhr's response:

When I respectfully told him that it was an unfair characterization of what an arsenal is, and how my gun collection vastly outnumbers this guys, he apologized. I told him that I own several guns, shoot recreationally, but don't even hunt and basically punch paper with mine. I told him that the press has a habit of characterizing gun owners in a negative light and describing a few rifles as an arsenal, is way over the top.

Mr. Suhr:
    "I can see your point, It was an unfair characterization, and I will make sure that I don't ever do so in the future again, I was kind of caught up in the carnage that this guy caused, I'm not making excuses though, I was wrong."

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Caught up in the "carnage" pretty much sounds like an excuse to me!

9. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks JK. I think his response to this guy is just a cop-out, and I am still going to write to the bastard. :mad:

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Wow, gotta love the media.