• ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    An excerpt from the linked article:

By JIM SUHR, Associated Press Writer Jim Suhr, Associated Press Writer – Wed Mar 11, 5:01 am ET

A man accused of running down and shooting an Illinois pastor to death mid-sermon left an arsenal of guns in his bedroom as well as an index card marked "Last Day Will."
    The arsenal in accused gunman Terry Sedlacek's room included two 12-gauge shotguns, a rifle and a box of 550 .22-caliber bullets, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Church shooting suspect had arsenal in bedroom

Time to send this leftist idiot Jim Suhr an e-mail as soon as I can find his address.
    DK Firearms

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The media will always refer to anything more than "a loaded gun" as an arsenal :rolleyes: Some is a matter of perspective. Some is sensationalization for the story. All people in media from interns to CEOS need to carry a dictionary & thesaurus and refer to them often.

Until a person actually goes shooting and experiences first hand the normal amounts of rounds a box carries, the rounds a magazine holds, the number of rounds you feel comfortable shooting, etc, they will have no perspective.

Its like a Texan telling a north-easterner how far two cities are from each other. We don't use miles, we use hours. They just don't get it until they actually drive it.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    cool...I must have a massive "arsenal" then

And here I am thinking I need thousands (not hundreds) of rounds per caliber, for it to qualify as an arsenal.;)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Jim Suhr, out of the St. Louis AP bureau.

Someone on another forum called him. His comments and Mr. Suhr's response:

When I respectfully told him that it was an unfair characterization of what an arsenal is, and how my gun collection vastly outnumbers this guys, he apologized. I told him that I own several guns, shoot recreationally, but don't even hunt and basically punch paper with mine. I told him that the press has a habit of characterizing gun owners in a negative light and describing a few rifles as an arsenal, is way over the top.

Mr. Suhr:
    "I can see your point, It was an unfair characterization, and I will make sure that I don't ever do so in the future again, I was kind of caught up in the carnage that this guy caused, I'm not making excuses though, I was wrong."

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Jim Suhr, out of the St. Louis AP bureau.

Someone on another forum called him. His comments and Mr. Suhr's response:

When I respectfully told him that it was an unfair characterization of what an arsenal is, and how my gun collection vastly outnumbers this guys, he apologized. I told him that I own several guns, shoot recreationally, but don't even hunt and basically punch paper with mine. I told him that the press has a habit of characterizing gun owners in a negative light and describing a few rifles as an arsenal, is way over the top.

Mr. Suhr:
    "I can see your point, It was an unfair characterization, and I will make sure that I don't ever do so in the future again, I was kind of caught up in the carnage that this guy caused, I'm not making excuses though, I was wrong."

Caught up in the "carnage" pretty much sounds like an excuse to me!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ...caught up in the carnage...

Then he is not professional enough to do his job properly and should find a new line of work; "Report" the news.

Darkwind

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Houston
    By Gary Stein | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    March 16, 2009

"There's a very simple reason I hate guns.

For every one story I ever see or hear about somebody actually defending themselves with a gun - to be honest, I can't remember the last time that happened -- I hear several dozen about some whack job going nuts with a gun, or somebody terrorizing his family or girl friend with a gun, or somebody who's gun accidently goes off in the house and causes a horrible tragedy.

Yeah, I know, all the stories about gun violence are just a huge conspiracy from the liberal, gun-hating media. Please.

Guns, you see, serve just one purpose. To kill. They are a tragedy or a murder waiting to happen. Nobody needs a gun for self-defense, because nobody ever uses a gun for self-defense. And if you need a gun for a hobby, hey, take up stamp collecting or origami instead.

Of course, the gun lovers can justify the object of their desire. Every time you hear about somebody like the lunatic in Alabama who went on a shooting spree last week that left 10 dead, the gun lovers will tell you that the gun had nothing to do with it, it's the gunman at fault. So blame him, not the gun. Of course, such a rampage would have been impossible if the guy weren't using a gun, but the gun lovers don't want to hear that.

And when the gun lovers hear about something like Columbine, or Virginia Tech or Northern Illinois, or a massacre in a mall, or elsewhere, they'll just say if more people had guns to defend themselves with, you'd have less violence. If you can figure out the logic in that one, let me know. And don't get me started on the folks who say they have a right to own an assault weapon. Why? So they can hunt squirrels with an AK-47 while blathering about their second amendment rights?

I grew up in a tough area of Chicago, there was never a gun in my house, and I never felt defenseless or vulnerable. Shockingly, I even slept well.There will never be a gun in any house that I live in. That's because nothing good ever comes from a gun."

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    By Gary Stein | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    March 16, 2009

"There's a very simple reason I hate guns.

For every one story I ever see or hear about somebody actually defending themselves with a gun - to be honest, I can't remember the last time that happened -- I hear several dozen about some whack job going nuts with a gun, or somebody terrorizing his family or girl friend with a gun, or somebody who's gun accidently goes off in the house and causes a horrible tragedy.

Yeah, I know, all the stories about gun violence are just a huge conspiracy from the liberal, gun-hating media. Please.

Guns, you see, serve just one purpose. To kill. They are a tragedy or a murder waiting to happen. Nobody needs a gun for self-defense, because nobody ever uses a gun for self-defense. And if you need a gun for a hobby, hey, take up stamp collecting or origami instead.

Of course, the gun lovers can justify the object of their desire. Every time you hear about somebody like the lunatic in Alabama who went on a shooting spree last week that left 10 dead, the gun lovers will tell you that the gun had nothing to do with it, it's the gunman at fault. So blame him, not the gun. Of course, such a rampage would have been impossible if the guy weren't using a gun, but the gun lovers don't want to hear that.

And when the gun lovers hear about something like Columbine, or Virginia Tech or Northern Illinois, or a massacre in a mall, or elsewhere, they'll just say if more people had guns to defend themselves with, you'd have less violence. If you can figure out the logic in that one, let me know. And don't get me started on the folks who say they have a right to own an assault weapon. Why? So they can hunt squirrels with an AK-47 while blathering about their second amendment rights?

I grew up in a tough area of Chicago, there was never a gun in my house, and I never felt defenseless or vulnerable. Shockingly, I even slept well.There will never be a gun in any house that I live in. That's because nothing good ever comes from a gun."

Nothing ever happend.......................YET!

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    here's one

Downtown Dallas an armed man broke into a house demanded money all they had was two dollars he tied up then shot a man and his brother. (execution style) Fox 4 news 5:00 on 3/18/09.

The perp is in custody.

Top Bottom