Cigar Talk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TrailDust, Nov 11, 2009.

1. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Anybody here want to talk cigars? My favorites are the Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur, Romeo and Julieta Vintage #5, and the Macanudo Gold Label. Let's hear about what you guys smoke....

:smoker:

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    H Upmann, Romeo y Julieta mostly.

3. Texas High Caliber

Texas High Caliber Member

Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    It's been a while since I've been a regular cigar smoker, but my prefrences were the H Upmann 1844, Romeo y Julieta #2, Arturo Fuente Short Story, and the Ghurka Grand Reserve (Cognac Infused).

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How do you guys light? I use a torch and roast, then draw. It takes longer but gives me a more even burn than the roast AND draw.

I also use a dual edge cutter.

I also like a glass of Glenlivet, neat, with my smoke.

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We go with Romeo & Julieta and for a long time we had Arturo Fuentes in the box (from a box bought for a New Year's Eve party).

This past Friday we picked up several different ones to try out plus Macanudos. So far we've had the Connecticut, it was similar to the ones above. For a change of pace we grabbed a couple dark ones named LaGloria Cubana that we have not had yet.

We just bought one of those torch lighters - very cool.

ps. I can't smoke until I'm all good an healed :( Good thing I got my occasional cigar in the night before I broke my parts

6. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I perfer 601"s or Rocky Patel Connecticut, I am like TXI on my lighting it seems to work better and gets a good long burn.

7. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    Dang I thought there was a Bill Clinton joke coming.:(

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I like Cohiba's. I get them from a place in League City, TX. called The Smoke Ring.

9. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Glad you brought that up. I'm no idiot (contrary to popular belief), but I have always had the damndest time lighting cigars! I do just like you're taught, keeping the flame away from the end and not burn it, and draw. Damn it if it doesn't take me a couple of minutes to get the thing properly lit. And lighting with a match? Forget it, an impossibility for me. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong? :gotme:

Oh, heck, I'm happy to hear some of those too....:happy0001:

10. Texas High Caliber

Texas High Caliber Member

Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I prefer a punch over a guillotine, can't really say why, just my preference. I had a great 3-flame torch lighter with a punch on the bottom side. Someone decided they wanted it more than me and it walked off one day. :( I will definitely get another one of those if I start smoking regularly again.