• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate C

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Does anyone have any feedback on the Cimarron six-guns out of Fredericksburg? (Do they also make lever-action rifles?)

I thought their revolvers were Ubertis, but then I heard some mixed reviews on quality control.

Any input from those in the know would be welcome.

oldnbald

Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    When I started shooting in SASS competitions, I purchased two used Cimarron "Lightenings" in .357. Although the guns showed signs of much use, I found them to be well maintained and great shooters. Absolutely NO problems. Yes, they are made by Uberti, who is, in my opinion, the best of the Italian gun makers.

Fisherman

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    As mentioned already they are made by Uberti. The Cimarron at least according to some may be the pick of the litter of the Ubertis so to speak or they might add a touch more detail to them and then stamp them Cimarron. I am not sure if there is really a clear anwser on that to be found. I think the plain old Uberti is probably just as good.

Also, be sure to shop around as prices can be all over the place on these. Texas Jacks tends to be pretty high. On the positive side Texas Jack's has a good selection in stock and most places don't.

You might give the Charles Daly a look or check the Great Westerns at EMF. I believe Pietta makes both the Daly and the Great Western, so they are basically the same gun. They seem to equal and some might say better. If nothing else it will give you some more options.

There is really just a few makers out there of these and then a lot folks stamping their names on them.

If you want to step up to something possibly well above them, look at USFA.

So many choices.

oldcop041

Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    I hesitated to buy a traditional single action because my best friend has two Colt SA's (one of them from the Custom Shop). Neither gun shoots straight.

I finally bought a Cimarron Model P 4 &1/4" barrel in .45 LC. Not as nicely finished as the Colts, but shoots to point of aim.

Really irritates my buddy.
    cimarron003.jpg

cimarron006.jpg

Hobie Dog

Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I have a Cimarron .357 "Thunderer". I really enjoy the gun. Shoots great. Had a trigger job done so it's really smooth. Since it's a "Cowboy" gun I only load 5 since the firing pin sits inside the cylinder. It's one of my favorite guns. I have never been convinced that the quality is as good as a Ruger though.

I ordered a shoulder holster directly from Fredricksburg. Will never do business with them again. Long story. Bottom line, no customer service.

Top Bottom