Citizen Stopped for 2nd Amendment Bumper Stickers

Big country

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
This is a scarry thing.
Since your here. If you do not have a CHL and are carrying a loaded (and chambered) weapon in your vehicle in Texas are you required by law to state that you have a loaded or a weapon at all?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
No. No CHL no duty to notify.

I think the lesson here is not to trust the police to do what is right, but rather do what they are told. Just following orders.:mad:

Remember a policeman who has detained you for any reason is not your friend.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
No. No CHL no duty to notify.

I think the lesson here is not to trust the police to do what is right, but rather do what they are told. Just following orders.:mad:

Remember a policeman who has detained you for any reason is not your friend.

You seem to know the whole story. Did the officer give the guy his gun back and the end of the stop? Does the state law there allow officers to temporarily disarm people during contacts? Is that state a must inform state?

Texas42

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
That begs the question. In TX, when can a police officer legally disarm you? I'm thinking mostly about traffic stops, but I'm also curious about other situations.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
That begs the question. In TX, when can a police officer legally disarm you? I'm thinking mostly about traffic stops, but I'm also curious about other situations.

There are MANY instances that an officer can temporily disarm you for his safety. The CHL rules are specific, but under Terry v Ohio a search for weapons only is allowed in particular situations. It includes vehicles.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
You seem to know the whole story. Did the officer give the guy his gun back and the end of the stop? Does the state law there allow officers to temporarily disarm people during contacts? Is that state a must inform state?

TXI asks valid questions!

My question is - has the mayor given local LE marching orders so to speak to profile and harass pro-gun people???

From the "LIMITED" story this appears to be the case. If so, then rights and laws are being violated by the Shreveport LE dept.

Ok- fire suite on stand by! LOL!!!

Top Bottom