Citizen Stopped for 2nd Amendment Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Hoji, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
  2. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This is a scarry thing.
    Since your here.:devil: If you do not have a CHL and are carrying a loaded (and chambered) weapon in your vehicle in Texas are you required by law to state that you have a loaded or a weapon at all?

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No. No CHL no duty to notify.

I think the lesson here is not to trust the police to do what is right, but rather do what they are told. Just following orders.:mad:

Remember a policeman who has detained you for any reason is not your friend.

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
  5. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You seem to know the whole story. Did the officer give the guy his gun back and the end of the stop? Does the state law there allow officers to temporarily disarm people during contacts? Is that state a must inform state?

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    That begs the question. In TX, when can a police officer legally disarm you? I'm thinking mostly about traffic stops, but I'm also curious about other situations.

7. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I thought that they needed to be informed prior to them just coming across it during a "search"?

8. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

There are MANY instances that an officer can temporily disarm you for his safety. The CHL rules are specific, but under Terry v Ohio a search for weapons only is allowed in particular situations. It includes vehicles.

9. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Can you clarify? If you do not have a CHL you are not required to inform a LEO that you posses a handgun in your vehicle.

If he askes, you are under no obligation to answer.

10. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    TXI asks valid questions!

My question is - has the mayor given local LE marching orders so to speak to profile and harass pro-gun people???

From the "LIMITED" story this appears to be the case. If so, then rights and laws are being violated by the Shreveport LE dept.

Ok- fire suite on stand by! LOL!!!