• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Is that not the same dude that,several months after Katrina, had the police go door to door and confiscate legally possessed fire arms leaving people completely unprotected. As I recall, most never got returned. Magically became lost.

No, not at all. Wrong Mayor, wrong city, wrong end of LA.

And that was a whole other issue. Very wrong and a true violation, but nothing even close to a traffic stop where a civilian is disarmed temporarily then given his firearm back upon the conclusion of the stop.
    ARJ Defense ad

txguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    D/FW
    I heard this story on Gun Talk 660AM (here in Dallas) Sunday's 1:00PM to 3:00PM about 3 weeks ago. The gentlemen that was stopped told his story on the air. The next week the host played the telephone conversation with the Mayor. The Mayor said your rights are temporarily suspended when you are stopped by the Police. Each week since the original call more and more people have been asking the host what is going on now with issue. BTW the show is preety interesting if you like guns and stuff.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I heard this story on Gun Talk 660AM (here in Dallas) Sunday's 1:00PM to 3:00PM about 3 weeks ago. The gentlemen that was stopped told his story on the air. The next week the host played the telephone conversation with the Mayor. The Mayor said your rights are temporarily suspended when you are stopped by the Police. Each week since the original call more and more people have been asking the host what is going on now with issue. BTW the show is preety interesting if you like guns and stuff.

My guess is nothing is going on with the issue because it ended with the end of that stop, unless he had a ticket to deal with.

Actually, there is something going on with the issue. The Media is wringing every bit of hysteria, fear and inciting as much anger and rage as they can out of it. And it appears to be working.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I guess whats got me all wound up is the mayors attitude about LEO's are a GOD like entity.
    I agree with you there. The mayor did seem to have a bizzare attitude about this.

OK, he was pulled over for no signal. Now thats pretty chicken crap so was there another reason for the stop?
    No, it is not. I made plenty of no signal stops.
    Why then once the gun was brought to light the traffic violation become a non-issue?
    We don't know that it did, for a fact. ;)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have to disagree with you on this on. You may be more sensitive to anti-LEO crap, but good MD's, lawyers, pharmasists, and accountants are all labels as guilty by media and persons because of biased and sketchy reporting.

I can think of a profession like that!

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    does anyone know where i can buy some pro gun bumper stickers, oh i need a map to shreveport to, me and my lawyer father inlaw want to go on a road trip.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    You get free window stickers when you join the NRA. You can also get bumper stickers on their site.

I have some extras too. I kind of hesitate to put any stickers on my vehicles. Right or wrong, I'm usually working and don't need any extra hassles from customers or LE.

I do have an American flag on two of my bumpers. Figured it was safe enough.

Top Bottom