• ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This is a scarry thing.
    Since your here. If you do not have a CHL and are carrying a loaded (and chambered) weapon in your vehicle in Texas are you required by law to state that you have a loaded or a weapon at all?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No. No CHL no duty to notify.

I think the lesson here is not to trust the police to do what is right, but rather do what they are told. Just following orders.:mad:

Remember a policeman who has detained you for any reason is not your friend.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No. No CHL no duty to notify.

I think the lesson here is not to trust the police to do what is right, but rather do what they are told. Just following orders.:mad:

Remember a policeman who has detained you for any reason is not your friend.

You seem to know the whole story. Did the officer give the guy his gun back and the end of the stop? Does the state law there allow officers to temporarily disarm people during contacts? Is that state a must inform state?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    That begs the question. In TX, when can a police officer legally disarm you? I'm thinking mostly about traffic stops, but I'm also curious about other situations.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That begs the question. In TX, when can a police officer legally disarm you? I'm thinking mostly about traffic stops, but I'm also curious about other situations.

There are MANY instances that an officer can temporily disarm you for his safety. The CHL rules are specific, but under Terry v Ohio a search for weapons only is allowed in particular situations. It includes vehicles.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    You seem to know the whole story. Did the officer give the guy his gun back and the end of the stop? Does the state law there allow officers to temporarily disarm people during contacts? Is that state a must inform state?

TXI asks valid questions!

My question is - has the mayor given local LE marching orders so to speak to profile and harass pro-gun people???

From the "LIMITED" story this appears to be the case. If so, then rights and laws are being violated by the Shreveport LE dept.

Ok- fire suite on stand by! LOL!!!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Can you clarify? If you do not have a CHL you are not required to inform a LEO that you posses a handgun in your vehicle.

If he askes, you are under no obligation to answer.

Sorry, maybe I was thinking about the the way (I thought) it was prior to
    it being legal to carry in one's vehicle (without a CHL).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TXI asks valid questions!

The article is SO clearly biased it is sad. It was written to incite, not worrying about facts, fairness. accuracy or completeness.

Then to take that biased story and indict and denigrate an ENTIRE profession is just wrong.

No one does it to Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Stock Brokers, etc., People from everyone of those professions have engaged in reprehensible and illegal behavior.

Where is the same disdain for those entire professions?

I can tell you why the reaction to LE, but with the recent "warning" thread, I'll just leave it alone. No one is being fooled anyway.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    This whole "NEWS" story has a ring of urban legend to it. I'd doubt quite seriously this went down anything like what is being written.. if it happened at all.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    [URL]http://nationalgunrights.org/blog/?p=95[/URL]

Just because it is biased does not mean it is not true. Has everyone forgotten Patricia Komie? The door to door confiscations in New Orleans?

I am at home and can not listen to the audio{ super slow connection out here on the dial up} but my wife has. Give it a whirl.

Google is your friend.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    http://nationalgunrights.org/blog/?p=95

Just because it is biased does not mean it is not true. Has everyone forgotten Patricia Komie? The door to door confiscations in New Orleans?

I am at home and can not listen to the audio{ super slow connection out here on the dial up} but my wife has. Give it a whirl.

Google is your friend.

If you have not listened; this Mayor is out of his freaking mind!
    As I suspected and stated in my earlier post - the mayor has a standing order to the LE to act in an unconstitutional manner.:mad:

The people of Shreveport need to be ride of this guy. Then someone needs to straighten this fool out on the Constitution of the USA.

He sounds like the poster child for the Obama Gestapo!

Now I understand that LEO have to protect themselves and those around them from a potential encounter but there has to be just cause not a standing order from the mayor to"suspend" ones rights.

This mayors attitude is guilty before proven anything!!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    \. . .Then to take that biased story and indict and denigrate an ENTIRE profession is just wrong.

No one does it to Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Stock Brokers, etc., People from everyone of those professions have engaged in reprehensible and illegal behavior.

I have to disagree with you on this on. You may be more sensitive to anti-LEO crap, but good MD's, lawyers, pharmasists, and accountants are all labels as guilty by media and persons because of biased and sketchy reporting.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I strongly detect the strong odor of racism in the report, as well as so called enforceing a non existant law. I will withold my personal verdict and thoughts beyond that.

That said, there is a danger to life and health to they who mug, rob, carjack, rape and plunder by the armed citizen who believes that the law applies to all, not just select groups here and there.

Don't tread on me !

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The article is SO clearly biased it is sad. It was written to incite, not worrying about facts, fairness. accuracy or completeness.

Then to take that biased story and indict and denigrate an ENTIRE profession is just wrong.

I can tell you why the reaction to LE, but with the recent "warning" thread, I'll just leave it alone. No one is being fooled anyway.

LEOs are like Brothers and Sisters and other kinfolks, mostly good folks making a living and trying to provide a very needed service to the community. Sometimes a bad egg gets in the carton. Thats the ones we hear about, not the tireless men and women working the fatal auto accidents, trying to keep out kids safe, preventing crime and doing a public service. Hats off to you and the good guys !

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom