• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The petition for writ of mandamus was filed in district court in Travis County, Texas, and seeks court action to compel the city officials to comply with Texas Government Code section 411.209. The AG is also seeking civil penalties, costs, and fees against the City of Austin for its continued violations.
    Would the "civil penalties, costs, and fees" be paid by the City of Austin or the city council members themselves?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the city council permanently move some kind of "low level" court proceedings into the building just to circumvent state law. I suspect city tax revenue will be used to pay for everything - rather doubt the council members themselves are in jeopardy of financial exposure.

Isn't that a Glock? That doesn't look like his "spare" magazine...looks like his only magazine. His mag well appears to be unoccupied. Everybody knows that's how ya carry a Glock safely....right?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Isn't that a Glock? That doesn't look like his "spare" magazine...looks like his only magazine. His mag well appears to be unoccupied. Everybody knows that's how ya carry a Glock safely....right?

By jove you are correct. No mag in the Glock and a mag in a carrier in front of the Glock. What a handy set up! (not)

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I suspect city tax revenue will be used to pay for everything - rather doubt the council members themselves are in jeopardy of financial exposure.
    ...and that's why shit like this happens in the first place. The people who are responsible for it are never held personally liable.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    By jove you are correct. No mag in the Glock and a mag in a carrier in front of the Glock. What a handy set up! (not)
    That picture could be from a CA open carrier 5 years ago for all we know. Those pictures rarely have anything to do with the articles they are attached to.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    That picture could be from a CA open carrier 5 years ago for all we know. Those pictures rarely have anything to do with the articles they are attached to.

Did I say it was in Austin? And, by your logic, it might be somebody right here in Austin, "for all we know".

Regardless, wherever it was, it is a stupid set up, which was the point of the post, and not to guess where the photo was taken.

Last edited:

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    :laughing: I only guessed CA because their dumb law stated that a pistol had to be carried without a mag in it. In that context it makes sense.

I just noticed there is an attribution on the image. Following that link the guy who posted the photo says:
    Ben Branam
    Open Carry
    What I carried overseas in Iraq. A Glock 19 in a Safariland ALS holster.

zeroflux
    Why is there no magazine in your G19?

Ben Branam
    That was training. We were required to run a cold range.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the city council permanently move some kind of "low level" court proceedings into the building just to circumvent state law.

That's what the city is claiming - that they have some kind of municipal court for the homeless there or something. But Paxton has already ruled that only the courtrooms and rooms used by offices of the court can be posted. He's denied some counties the ability to post actual courthouses in their entirety for this reason. I don't see any way this stands although I'm sure they'll get some leftist judge to hear the case because that's all we have here. And it will be appealed and cost even more millions. I really hate my city sometimes.

I suspect city tax revenue will be used to pay for everything - rather doubt the council members themselves are in jeopardy of financial exposure.

Yep. This needs to be revisited next session. Either hold mayor/city manager/councilmen personally liable or criminally liable for the violations, or change the law so that NO government entity posts ANY sign ever unless it's pre-approved by the AG.

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Photo: Who carries their spare mag right in front of their carry gun? Seems like it would be awkward.

It definitely would. I seriously hope everyone hear knows that best access is opposite the dominant hand; that way, dominant hand is in control of the weapon (goes in hand with muscle memory for muzzle awareness, muzzle discipline), and secondary hand secures the mag, inserts and chambers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Sweet! I love it when elected servants gets their hands slapped in public for all to see. PLEASE keep up with updates on this story as it goes through the system!!!!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Some time ago (like maybe six months or so), I had read an article where the Texas AG had sent "cease & desist" type letters to a few counties that were either intentionally or unintentionally violating the CHL sign posting law. As I recall all of that first group of counties backed down once they read where they would have to pay fines and for the cost of the lawsuit. They pretty quickly followed the advice of their county attorney and agreed to remove the signs.
    I suspect the Democratic/liberal leanings of Travis County is what's causing this face-off. IMHO, the AG needs to go in "loaded for bear" and make an example of Austin City Hall!

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Some time ago (like maybe six months or so), I had read an article where the Texas AG had sent "cease & desist" type letters to a few counties that were either intentionally or unintentionally violating the CHL sign posting law. As I recall all of that first group of counties backed down once they read where they would have to pay fines and for the cost of the law suite, they pretty quickly followed the advice of their county attorney and agreed to remove the signs.
    I suspect the Democratic/liberal leanings of Travis County is what's causing this face-off. IMHO, the AG needs to go in "loaded for bear" and make an example of Austin City Hall!

I agree completely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom