• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    Ok so I applied for my Texas LTC last week after completing the course down at Central Texas Gun Works (a fine establishment I must say) and after checking on the status I get see a big red X on the checklist saying "Citizenship : No documentation received, notice sent to applicant".

Since when do you have to be a citizen to carry? I've got my green card, I'm a permanent resident.

Centex said that if you are foreign born then all you need is one of the following:

• U.S. Passport,
    • Certificate of Naturalization, or
    • Certificate of Birth Abroad.

I provided my birth certificate and expected all to be well, but I guess they want something else from me. I'll be pretty mad if they need my green card because that was never mentioned.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT Notice of Applicant Lawful Presence According to 18 U.S.C. §922(g)(5)(b), it shall be unlawful for any person who, being an alien except as provided by subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa (as that term is defined in Section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26)) to receive, possess, or transport any firearm or ammunition. Therefore, if the place of birth listed on your application is outside the United States, it will be necessary to submit a valid (unexpired) and legible, front and back copy of the following required document(s):
    1. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561): Issued only to individuals who obtained U.S. citizenship either by action of law while residing in the United States or by having been born outside the United States to U.S. citizens; or Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570): Issued as proof of a person having obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalization, which is the legal process of obtaining a new nationality.
    2. U.S. Permanent Resident Alien Card/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551): Identification card attesting to the official immigration or permanent resident status (Lawful Permanent Residency) of an alien in the United States.
    3. United States Passport: Issued by the United States Department of State, this certifies as an individual’s identity and U.S. citizenship.
    4. If a Non-Immigrant Alien, an alien in the United States in a non-immigrant status, please provide a U.S. Visa, I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and a hunting License. The definition of a non-immigrant alien includes, in large part, persons traveling temporarily in the United States for pleasure or business, persons studying in the United States who maintain a residence abroad, and certain foreign workers. This does not include permanent resident aliens.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Maybe the rejection isn't requiring citizenship but rather documentation concerning citizenship - ie, proof of green card??

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    You don't need to be a citizen but need to send in a copy of your green card. See the PDF file with the instructions on the DPS site.

ThirdCoast2A

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    They need a copy of your green card. I just went thru this process with no issues.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I had to send in extra paperwork when I got my original CHL because I was not yet a citizen. I had to prove I was. PR and residency.

I worried if I would have to go through that type of experience when I renewed because I got my citizenship since then. No hoops for my first or subsequent renewals.

There should be an explanation on the DPS website about the extra paperwork. Back when I did it the process was still paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSinfulSaint

TheSinfulSaint
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    McKinney
    I had the same situation three months back while renewing. Checked online and had a red X against proof of citizenship. Called them and the good lady said just send in a copy if you GC. I did and a few days later it was all green and another few days LTC was in my hand.

Stupidly I thought we live in digital age and all database is shared among all agencies, including residence status.

You don’t need a GC to hold a LTC. I was on work visa and had it for 5 years. All you need is a passport of your home country, valid residency document and Hunters training course certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    As mentioned above - I sent in scanned copies of the front and back of my Green Card. Everything went through without a hitch, no additional questions or documents. Reminds me I suppose I should move forward with getting citizenship, I've been resident here for over 5 years now

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    I'm an idiot because I didn't realize I could upload m green card the same way I sent in the first set of supporting documents. Did that a few days ago and now I'm just waiting for my card to be printed.

Bought myself a Bigfoot belt and a Vedder LightTuck IWB holster.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Ok so I applied for my Texas LTC last week after completing the course down at Central Texas Gun Works (a fine establishment I must say) and after checking on the status I get see a big red X on the checklist saying "Citizenship : No documentation received, notice sent to applicant".

Since when do you have to be a citizen to carry? I've got my green card, I'm a permanent resident.

Centex said that if you are foreign born then all you need is one of the following:

• U.S. Passport,
    • Certificate of Naturalization, or
    • Certificate of Birth Abroad.

I provided my birth certificate and expected all to be well, but I guess they want something else from me. I'll be pretty mad if they need my green card because that was never mentioned.

You forgot to submit three shrimp on the barbee

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The triplicate shrimp rule has been amended. US code 10-4 GB. Now you must provide one digital shrimp and a color rendering of a fry pan. Digital Grits are excepted but not required.

Top Bottom