• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Gotta call BS, just because the position of the cameraman at the end.... the cameraman a has brass balls, b is dumber than a box of rocks or c knows there are no bullets in that gun...... that being said, the guy is still damn fast skinnin and shootin....

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Did you watch the whole thing? Bob said he had to stand about 8 feet away because he was shooting BLANKS.

They have been busting balloons with blanks for many moons in mounted shooting events at cowboy action shoots.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    You ever watch shooting USA or Impossible Shots? He is on there every week doing things like this. He did the same shot on steel targets with real bullets on there. They were a little bigger than the balloons but he still hit them at that speed. He was easily shooting coke bottles from the hip this week with real bullets ending it with shooting an aimed .45 shot through the mouth of the bottle without hitting the edge. Also shoots aspirin out of the air and shot balloons taped to pepper poppers out to 200+ yards (I forget exactly what the final range was) with a 1911. Also shot the same thing with a derringer at I believe it was 100 yards.

I can't believe ya'll are on a gun forum and haven't heard of Bob Munden before...

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Gotta call BS, just because the position of the cameraman at the end.... the cameraman a has brass balls, b is dumber than a box of rocks or c knows there are no bullets in that gun...... that being said, the guy is still damn fast skinnin and shootin....

It's legit. Bob Munden's the man!

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    I never knew his name, but apparently it was Bob Munden who used to always trade off every other week with a guy shooting bow&arrow trick shots on this one TV show I used to watch. He was an impressive shot.

The time when he shot an egg at 100 yards with a 1911 is what spoiled it for me. Through the "magic of television" he did it in one shot, which is of course laughable.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Then I have to question whether or not he is truly that "accurate".....

Please come out from under your rock and stay a while.

Bob Munden is the real deal. To the person that complained about the "magic of television"...they often show him missing.

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    To the person that complained about the "magic of television"...they often show him missing.

I don't care how real-deal a person is, hitting an egg on the first shot at 100 yards with a pistol is so unlikely as to be impossible. How much would the bullet drop over that distance, and how far up would you have to aim? How inaccurate would the gun be?

I don't want to take anything away from the guy, he has clearly shown that he has a rare talent for shooting, but he would have been better off not showing the egg at 100 yards trick. With all of the things this guy can do with a gun, why show a trick that is more luck than skill?

This is a little more believable:

YouTube - Shooting a Chicken Egg at 100 Yards with a .45

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I don't care how real-deal a person is, hitting an egg on the first shot at 100 yards with a pistol is so unlikely as to be impossible. How much would the bullet drop over that distance, and how far up would you have to aim? How inaccurate would the gun be?

The very first time I put a single round through my Ruger Vaquero (.45LC), I hit a 10 inch plate at 100 yards. The next 5 rounds all hit the plate as well. If I, a person who is seriously lacking in marksmanship skills, can do that, I have no doubt that a guy like Bob Munden can hit that egg at 100 yards on his first shot of the day. Afterall, I am sure he has fired many thousands of rounds at similar-sized targets at that distance over his many years of shooting.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Subject: The Sling Shot Man

Check out Rufus!

The Sling Shot Man ... this guy is unbelievable !!!

We called them by a different name when I was growing up.

YouTube - Carolina Camera: The Sling Shot Man

:sign0101:

That's great! When Obama outlaws guns we can still shoot our sling shots.
    What is really amazing is how accurate he is with just plain irregular rocks instead of perfectly round ball bearings.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Then I have to question whether or not he is truly that "accurate".....

The mouth of a Coke bottle is not much larger than a .45 bullet.

This week on "Impossible Shots" he shot a .45 bullet through the mouth without hitting the rim, using a single action S&W 1911 pistol.

He shoots quarters out of the air with an old .45 long Colt single action revolver all the time, as one of his standard trick shots.

He shot an 8" or 10" balloon at 70 yards with a, Made in Texas, Bond Arms .45 long Colt Derringer- one shot!

I would not bet against him!

Top Bottom