• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mklepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    waco
    I will before I die acquire a full auto. I have always loved the HK rifles and subs. It appears that I can purchase a full auto HK 91 or 93 (G3 etc) and use .223 or 9mm uppers? (assuming a .308 purchase) The recent post suggests broadening the scope of the weapon in this way and it makes sense. I would like 223 and 308 potential, any other straight forward transition weapons available? I am in Waco. Does anyone have experience with the local gendarm (cops) in terms of getting signed off for the transfer? Great pics in the forum. Like others I am jealous. MK
    Lynx Defense

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Well if you buy the lower and install it on various HKs, HK91 / 93, etc. you can effectively use different calibers, but unfortunately you cannot interchange the guns in that manner as one would an AR15.

If you want a good full auto long-gun I would opt for the HK33 and HK93 models for the cheaper .223 rounds. Feeding a full auto .308 is rather expensive, and if I'm going to do it, it'll be belt fed like the HK21.

If you want a good, fun to shoot anywhere / anytime gun ... buy an MP5. They are more than just an icon, they are fun to shoot, readily supported by the aftermarket, and easily the best sub-gun I've ever shot.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    The full auto Class3 weapons is the next BIG step in a collection of NFA/Class3 items. You may want to start out with an SBR or suppressor.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    buy a registered sear. We've got practically every HK on the market here at work, registered as SBRs or SBR and Suppressor (in the case of the MP5SD's), but only 2 “1-3-full” sears. Bought the sears and transferred them as N/A on the caliber. Now we can move them around without the worry of paperwork not matching up. My boss insists on everything being the real deal HK, no clones, but if you wanted to get into it on the cheap, there are several clones out there for good prices. The auto sears keep you from having to mess with push pin lowers and rifles, as they are made to work in clipped and pinned lowers.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Feeding a full auto .308 is rather expensive, and if I'm going to do it, it'll be belt fed like the HK21.

I second that. The 21 is also more controllable on full than my 91 is fast firing semi. Heavier and a heavier buffer. I'd take it over a full auto G3 any day. Way more expensive to feed though…
    View attachment 2047
    This was from Saturday. Started out in a high crouch and the recoil worked me up all the way, but i'm already halfway through the belt.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    If you want a good full auto long-gun I would opt for the HK33 and HK93 models for the cheaper .223 rounds. Feeding a full auto .308 is rather expensive, and if I'm going to do it, it'll be belt fed like the HK21.

If you want a good, fun to shoot anywhere / anytime gun ... buy an MP5. They are more than just an icon, they are fun to shoot, readily supported by the aftermarket, and easily the best sub-gun I've ever shot.

Yes sir, I agree. Go for a sear gun. The HK MP5 is a great starting point. Ammo is cheap, can suppress easily and there is no recoil. And fun ?......oh yeah ! You can always pick up a HK 91 or 93 later to use as hosts for your trigger pack.

That is the best way. Just hope you reload.... cuz they eat ALOT !

mklepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    waco
    If the registered sear breaks or wears out your machine gun is gone. I understand the trigger packs are also interchangeable to an extent and parts of it can be replaced if they break or wear out. It would be heartbreaking to have a $17,000 sear have it wear or break with no solution. I think I would take my chances with federal prison and make one or 20. I am a fairly high paid physician and this sort of purchase blows my mind. I have thrown money away many different ways in my life, the amount and inability to explain it to my wife or anyone else make it really tough!

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    buy a registered sear. We've got practically every HK on the market here at work, registered as SBRs or SBR and Suppressor (in the case of the MP5SD's), but only 2 “1-3-full” sears. Bought the sears and transferred them as N/A on the caliber. Now we can move them around without the worry of paperwork not matching up. My boss insists on everything being the real deal HK, no clones, but if you wanted to get into it on the cheap, there are several clones out there for good prices. The auto sears keep you from having to mess with push pin lowers and rifles, as they are made to work in clipped and pinned lowers.

At work? Does your office need a wet behind the ears go-fer? ill work for trigger time... :)

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    What exactly is a NFA trust?

Im sure Sean Cody will chime in here but a NFA trust is just a Revocable Living Trust. Instead of putting the suppressor, Fa, SBR, AOW or w/e in your name on a form 4 a "trust" takes possession of the nfa item on the form 4. Example: "AusTex's Revocable Living Trust". Because a trust is not a individual there are no finger prints, photo card, LEO signoff is not required. However doing a trust is not easy and having a good lawyer that understands the document and NFA law is obviously very important.

That is a very simplistic version of a nfa trust.. im sure someone will provide better detail soon.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Im sure Sean Cody will chime in here but a NFA trust is just a Revocable Living Trust. Instead of putting the suppressor, Fa, SBR, AOW or w/e in your name on a form 4 a "trust" takes possession of the nfa item on the form 4. Example: "AusTex's Revocable Living Trust". Because a trust is not a individual there are no finger prints, photo card, LEO signoff is not required. However doing a trust is not easy and having a good lawyer that understands the document and NFA law is obviously very important.

That is a very simplistic version of a nfa trust.. im sure someone will provide better detail soon.

I don't have a trust, but it is my understanding that multiple individuals can be listed (I don't know how, but surely somebody will chime in). This allows more than a single person to have possession of the arms at any given time. So, for example, you or your brother (if you are both on the paper) could take an SBR or full-auto out for the day. If it's just registered to you, nobody else can take it out to play without you.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    If the registered sear breaks or wears out your machine gun is gone. I understand the trigger packs are also interchangeable to an extent and parts of it can be replaced if they break or wear out. It would be heartbreaking to have a $17,000 sear have it wear or break with no solution. I think I would take my chances with federal prison and make one or 20. I am a fairly high paid physician and this sort of purchase blows my mind. I have thrown money away many different ways in my life, the amount and inability to explain it to my wife or anyone else make it really tough!

Not necessarily true. A sear can be repaired, as long as you don't alter the sereal number. Yes, it would be heartbreaking , but I have never heard of one "breaking" or "wearing" out. I am sure someone could break one, but it is not a part that has any stress on it( as least not HK sears ) and as far as wear, it really is not a sear, it is a disconnect.

I have had lots of people question why someone would spend so much money on a peice of metal. My answer is this : "Well, how much did you spend on that BMW ?" A sear or NFA item will only go up in value. What else can you have fun with, protect yourself with and probably make money on ? Not to mention, the "cool" factor. A car looses value the second you drive it off the showroom floor. Buying a sear is far from "throwing money away".

Finally, people like what they like. Some like cars, some travel, I shoot. Nothing to explain.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd LOVE to find an Uzi sear.....just picked up a NIB, NEVER fired Model "A" Uzi. Thing is, looks like the sear alone would cost as much as a complete gun - so who knows. Either way, it's gonna be fun ta play with!

Oh - and Doc....if it were me, I'd be editing that comment - you've just said that you're prepared to commit a felony in an open forum. That's never a good idea - it's kinda like falsifying information during an FDA Site Inspection.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Call Sean and get your trust setup. That was my first step.
    I already have 4 NFA items under my corp. and I've already had Sean set up my personal NFA trust with 2 more items in BATFE process
    I guess I should have said "full auto class3 is the next BIG MONEY step"

Top Bottom