• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    So I finally get around to taking my class tomorrow... Thank god... Definitely wanted to get it in before January... I saw that a lot of schools were increasing their rates in 2010... So I hit the range today to just work the kinks out of the firing system in the cold weather and actually it was more to make sure that there weren't any kinks and also to see what kind of jacket I was comfortable shooting in... good knowledge for later too... anyways does anyone else have any suggestions? things I should read or take to the class?

i was quite pleased with a new stance that I tried that I saw on Personal Defensive TV... A Pretty cool show I think it is on the Outdoor network... anyways I know that trying something new right before you go out and do something isn't the best but I think that the new stance is something that works for me... especially being cross dominant...

Anywho it was a nice quiet day at the range with the "winter advisory"... I love days at the range where there's maybe one other person... makes cease fires a piece of cake...
    Gun Zone Deals

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Good luck in class. I would say take paper and a pen to write with (I know its a given); clean your gun, from what I've heard the most common delay in course of fire is malfunctions from guns that were dirty. Good luck and have a blast...

oh might take a seat cushion my class had metal chairs and that sucked, they did however mention it before hand and we did take seat cushions which helped a lil.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    good luck, you will enjoy it, I know I did. my processing took 90 days but I have noticed the DPS is now getting them out at 5 weeks or less

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In my renewal class, several problems kept causing delays:

You must have 50 rounds of ammo per gun. No reloads allowed in my instructors' class (check).
    People came together and wanted to share a gun. That can't work.
    Tiny ladies couldn't rack the slides back on their big semi auto's.
    Untried gun/ammo combinations............ Jam-amatics.
    No ear protection/eye protection.

If you have these things covered, your instructor will really appreciate it and you'll do great!

Flash

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I must note that it was quite comforting being on the line with my Colt Mustang and looking down at the 4 other people shooting with me... What a bunch of Glockaphiles... TSK TSK TSK...

Top Bottom