Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Shame I'm a broke bitch since a M1 Carbine is all that's missing from my collection. I already have a M1 Garand, M1A, and Mini 14. The M1 Carbine is still elusive to me.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My exfil was a AF civilian instructor back in the 60s bought a carbine for 65.00
    My brother ordered one in 1960 through the NRA for $25 - delivered by the USPS to his front door.
    It was apparently unissued or totally refurbished and still coated in cosmoline. He sold it (because he was strapped for cash) not long afterwards for $100 to a friend who wanted one real bad.

In the early 1960s while in school I worked part time at a city library. The custodian was a Red Ball Express veteran of WW2, and he once confided in me that he brought back his M1 Carbine dismantled in his duffle bag in 1945. How he managed that, I really don’t recall.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Shame I'm a broke bitch since a M1 Carbine is all that's missing from my collection. I already have a M1 Garand, M1A, and Mini 14. The M1 Carbine is still elusive to me.
    I'll have to be satisfied when a Garand, M1A and Mini 14. I'd like to have a Carbine but not at that price.

Top Bottom