• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Not me but I get the impression that some want to evaluate a posts "value" before granting access to the classified section. I don't think much of that.

Then you've never used a classified section on a gun site that has a level of integrity and trust that you can say "I'll take it" and the seller ships it to you before they even get your payment. For one example.

"Value" as you're saying, doesn't mean scrutinize every post for content validity etc. It means for example, if someone joins and post whores like many here in this thread, like the "cool site", "here's 1 for me", "I agree" etc. replies, when this thread is informational and their reply ads nothing but a tick in their post count, it should be deleted and if they continue, their membership "adjusted". Look at some of the new folks that are using the Classifieds and look at all their posts. One recent example is "cool site" and their other post in a discussion about a trade implies that they will be listing that item for sale as soon as they get their post count up. Chances are, as many recently, they'll sell their stuff and be gone as they probably are doing on several other sites.

If someone joins, you can usually terll by their posts if their intent is to be a contributing member. I don't care if all their posts are to me, psychotic, wacko, babble, if that's their sincere contribution, they're attempting to be a bonafide contributing member.

But again, we're chatting just to chatter and as I said, this I believe was intended as an informational thread. ;)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not me but I get the impression that some want to evaluate a posts "value" before granting access to the classified section. I don't think much of that.

Your impression is wrong. Go reread my posts as I believe it is me you're referring to about "evaulating". If by rereading my posts that you still don't fully comprehend what it is that I mean, then let me know, I'll rephrase.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    So is the rule still 5 posts, or has the classified section closed?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    OK message received, I like TGTrader too. Any chance of that Pay it Forward part comming back? I was going to get in on that. Oh well
    Its still a great board.

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    is this five more posts?

I show 29 (this will be 30) posts and I lost the classified recently?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom