• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

What kind of stupid stunt is that? Do you also forward those emails and wait for the check from Bill Gates? You won't read the thread but you'll still post whore for nothing? :banghead:

Ya, I may be breaking the rules, but some of you are just goofy in the head.

Please have a little respect and don't join just to crap on the forum like we're we're a bunch of idiots.

rodnocker1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Leona, Texas
    To JKTex and anyone else whom I may have offended, Please accept my sincerest apologies. It was never my intent to show any direspect toward TGT or to "crap" on you, Alan, or the Forum "like you were a bunch of idiots". I understand where you are coming from about newcomers. Several forums I have been a member of for several years have suddenly had an influx of newcomers and it seems like alot of them just want to join, start trouble, and then move on. Hopefully, it won't happen here. My post (#65) was made in light hearted humor. I have read every post in the 3 threads about the classified section being removed and I even included a quote which contained a link to explain to those who haven't read them what took place.

While I may not agree with getting rid of the classifieds, it's not my decision to make. I am new here and would in no way even presume to tell Alan how to run his site. If I (or anyone else) don't like the way the site is, then I can leave and spend my own time and money to set up a site of my own.

In today's litigious society, anyone can be named in a lawsuit. Usually it's "name as many as you can in the suit and then throw them up against the wall and see what sticks". Even if you are completely innocent, you can still spend a fortune (and possibly lose everything you own) trying to clear yourself of any wrong doing, so I understand where Alan is coming from.

It did occur to me this morning while driving in between the two gun ranges that I am a member of that this is exactly the reason why E-Bay and PayPal decided to ban all firearm related items from being sold on their site, yet everyone immediately labeled them as "Anti-Gun". Again, this was just an observation and is in no way a criticism of anyone. I've found that if you don't cover your own backside, there is usually someone willing to come along and bury it for you.

I'm only 52 years young and with all of the stuff I've been through in my life, I've learned to "lighten up" just a little bit. Hopefully, we all can and keep this a friendly forum where we think of each other as Family.

Again, I'm Sorry if my post was taken in the wrong context.

Rodney

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    To JKTex and anyone else whom I may have offended.......

I don't think you offended anyone. I thought it was obvious you, like many of us was just jumping on the goofy wagon having a little fun.

The psycho tirade of mine above had a purpose and was aimed at a specific target(s) for entertainment and educational value.

You're right though, there is an influx of new folks buying their first guns, wanting to buy their first guns and joining their first gun enthusiast forums, many whom have no enthusiasm or consideration at all. It's annoying. I need to try to start just ignoring them before I get booted for hazing. It won't be near the fun, but hey... :p

It's usually obvious the ones that are sincere about asking questions, learning, sharing and in general contributing so we can all enjoy and learn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom