Join TexasGunTalk

Classifieds, Opening that Can of Worms!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by texcross, Oct 31, 2013.

1. texcross

texcross Active Member Admin

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Hey all,

Wanted to open up the floor on improvements to the Classifieds.

I found a good mod that will allow the thread to be marked as sold or closed. I will mark in BOLD red letters SOLD next to the thread title when it is sold. Seems like this would work in making it easier to browse the threads there as opposed to having to read every post trying to figure out if it's sold or not.

Any other thoughts?

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is it done by the seller, or by moderators?

3. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    Will we still have the option to Close the ad ourselves?

I've noticed that feature went away for other sections, was wondering if it was still available on the classifieds.

4. texcross

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Here i what it does:
    [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"This modification will allow you & your members (based on usergroup permissions) to mark a thread as "Sold". It will add the prefix "SOLD" to the thread title, and if set in the admincp - it will also close the thread. If you run a classified forum for your members this will give you a way to let users add a Sold prefix when the item is gone. Admins and mods can use to make items sold as well."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Basically under thread tools at the top it adds the [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]option[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] to select it as sold.[/FONT]

5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I like it....

6. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    On some other sites, after an item is sold, I like to post sold and say something nice about how the deal went down, if that's the case. Usually leave it open for 1 day to help sellers/buyers feedback for future sales. Then delete post. Is that possible here?

7. Das Jared

Das Jared TGT Addict

Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Just mark it sold as a prefix. Bam. Nothing more nothing less

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

8. Sz20DF

Sz20DF Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Houston
    New guy here and not eligible to post a for sale item yet, but I think it's a great idea. As mentioned, other classified sites allow you to post the item is sold. Another one I'm active on allows you to even mention that a sale is pending. All of this is good info for future buyers. Thanks.....

9. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You don't want to delete the post. It's good historical info for people to browse if they are trying to get a sense of pricing or market trends for certain items.

10. texcross

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    I agree we cannot delete posts, I wanted to at least make it easier to browse the ads and skip over sold items.