• texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Hey all,

Wanted to open up the floor on improvements to the Classifieds.

I found a good mod that will allow the thread to be marked as sold or closed. I will mark in BOLD red letters SOLD next to the thread title when it is sold. Seems like this would work in making it easier to browse the threads there as opposed to having to read every post trying to figure out if it's sold or not.

Any other thoughts?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Will we still have the option to Close the ad ourselves?

I've noticed that feature went away for other sections, was wondering if it was still available on the classifieds.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Here i what it does:
    [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"This modification will allow you & your members (based on usergroup permissions) to mark a thread as "Sold". It will add the prefix "SOLD" to the thread title, and if set in the admincp - it will also close the thread. If you run a classified forum for your members this will give you a way to let users add a Sold prefix when the item is gone. Admins and mods can use to make items sold as well."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Basically under thread tools at the top it adds the [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]option[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] to select it as sold.[/FONT]

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    On some other sites, after an item is sold, I like to post sold and say something nice about how the deal went down, if that's the case. Usually leave it open for 1 day to help sellers/buyers feedback for future sales. Then delete post. Is that possible here?

Sz20DF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    Houston
    New guy here and not eligible to post a for sale item yet, but I think it's a great idea. As mentioned, other classified sites allow you to post the item is sold. Another one I'm active on allows you to even mention that a sale is pending. All of this is good info for future buyers. Thanks.....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    On some other sites, after an item is sold, I like to post sold and say something nice about how the deal went down, if that's the case. Usually leave it open for 1 day to help sellers/buyers feedback for future sales. Then delete post. Is that possible here?

You don't want to delete the post. It's good historical info for people to browse if they are trying to get a sense of pricing or market trends for certain items.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    You don't want to delete the post. It's good historical info for people to browse if they are trying to get a sense of pricing or market trends for certain items.

Agreed. If someone does it on their own, that's one thing, though I hate when they do, but automatically deleting them would suck.

EDIT- Texcross beat me too it!! :p

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think it would help if you are able to edit the thread title after you post it as it appears in the forum list, not just in the thread once opened. Noticed that quite a few folks need to add their city, make a spelling change, correct misinformation, etc. after they post and are currently unable to do it.

Good idea on the Sold thing.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Acera, I think this is right for all users, but you can edit a thread title after posting, just click edit post, then in the same spot you will see Go Advanced, then you can edit the title...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Acera, I think this is right for all users, but you can edit a thread title after posting, just click edit post, then in the same spot you will see Go Advanced, then you can edit the title...

Ok, I did not know that had changed recently. Last time I tried it only worked on the thread title posted in the opened thread, not on the general list. I know that has been a source of concern before and am glad it's fixed. Thanks,

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This is all fine and dandy for many members but we have a hard enough time getting people to put the location in the title, close their sold item threads, and obey the rules in general.

Maybe some negative reinforcement is in order? Just my $0.02.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    This is all fine and dandy for many members but we have a hard enough time getting people to put the location in the title, close their sold item threads, and obey the rules in general.

A agree. Swift locking and wiping of threads without required info is in order.

Also, a view to filter out threads marked sold.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

I strictly use tapatalk for all my forum reading. Every now and then i try to see if the close thread option works via this app but unfortunately it doesnt. So, i normally post an update status on my ads if theyre sold, pending sale, etc. However, typically it used to be closed by mods after but i dont think thats tje case anymore? I think its self moderated to close your threads now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom