• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Found a couple electric units for under $300 ... Wal-Mart and Academy.

Not sure though ... need some input for those who have purchased their own throwers.

I want to attach it to my truck's receiver and power it off of the RV electrical plug.
    I want a foot switch or similar so that it doesn't require two people to use.

So what have you folks used/have/abused/thrown away?
    Venture Surplus ad

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I've got the do all aerial assault 3.0 easy assy, worked right out of the box. Didn't want to spend another $200 for the wobbler so designed my own using a trailer axle shaft and hub, and a jeep wrangler windshield wiper motor. I was thinking the same thing about a hitch mount but only for transport as I like to be standing behind the machine like standard trap and don't want my truck in the line of fire. I've got amazon prime and I think it was right at $300 with free 2 day shipping.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend has a manually cocked trap and to be honest, the thing wrecked my back and shoulders cocking and loading his trap. I decided that I'd get my own.

I have the Do-All White Wing, installed the wobbler, got the "Limo" cart, extended magazine and the wireless remote. It wasn't cheap but it works like a charm! That trap will toss birds 70 yards at blazing speed and the remote works at a distance of 1/2 city block. Without the remote wireless, a standard 120 volt extension cord is connected between the unit and the launching switch. It will stretch out easily to 100 feet.

With the wireless, no one has to be near the trap so you can shoot oncoming birds, too.

Note: The trap will not launch the LAST bird. There must be the weight of at least one bird above the launch bird to keep it straight.

I got the "Limo" cart because there is some wiring that needs to be hooked up and a car battery to carry. I figured that ALL of it could be hard wired on the cart and transported as a complete unit. It was a perfect plan.

The assembly is fabricated steel except for the throwing arm which is aluminum. It is stout!

I had a small trailer, rigged two ramps so the unit can be rolled up on the trailer, tied down and it's all ready to go. I roll the loaded trailer into my garage overnight and in the morning, roll it out hook it up and I'm gone!

I've taken the trap to the range alone, fired 200 rounds and came home tired but feeling good!

Bottom line........Not cheap, built strong, works perfectly and worth the money.

Picture notes:
    The black item below the launcher is the wobbler. It comes with two profiles to guide it.
    The small orange box is the wireless remote.
    The extended magazine extends out of the picture. It holds about 60 birds.

Flash

Attachments

• CLAY TRAP  4  SMALL 1-26-2013.jpg
      CLAY TRAP 4 SMALL 1-26-2013.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 455
    Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Nice ...
    My concern is the weight of this rig and by myself or me and the wife.

I've looked under my truck and have about a foot between the back side of my receiver hitch and the spare tire.
    I figured I could drill two holes in the receiver stab, one for transport and one for throwing. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

I also read several reviews where shooters stand adjacent to the tosser and shoot birds more skeet-like. Sounds like fun.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The weight depends upon what you do with the battery. My rig with the wobbler and the deep cycle battery probably weighs 70-80 pounds.

A major concern should be safety. There's no doubt in my mind that the launching arm could break bones. White Wing has a bogus guard that is more trouble than it's worth. I had it off of there in 12 seconds flat. Where you mount it should be thought out carefully. You must keep people away.

The unit without the wobbler and battery is pretty light but you must hook up the wires each time. I wanted mine to be self contained and ready to run.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom