Cleaning the 'cleaning stuff'

JDKRIEK

Mar 24, 2008
WYLIE
From my fiancé,

by the way, I'm on the 3rd time through the washer for your cleaning stuff and it still stinks. Might be a lost cause.

See if they have any suggestions on the forums. Or a section for poor wives who have to clean up their husbands' greasy messes in order to be supportive of their hobbies.
[cleaning stuff: rags with solvent, oil, grease, gun powder, ect]

Any suggestions?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
I agree with 'buy new rags'. Go to your favorite auto parts store & pick up a bag of rags, they are cheap and disposable. They also sell the blue paper towels that are more like cotton, they work great.

If you have any old clothes, cut them up & use them. Toss them when you are done.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
The problem is these products are petroleum based, so they are not miscible in water. You need to scrub them with something that allows the oil to come loose. I would suggest using the dish detergent, as it's meant to break-up oil prior to the wash cycle.

Uniform companies also deal with rags. They'll pick them up and wash them, drop off new ones for you to use.

jdh

BANNED!!!
Mar 2, 2008
Get you a bucket of very HOT very soapy water and take it outside. Put the rags in it to soak until it cools enough to hand wash them. Then rinse well and hang them up outside to dry and air out.

Or carry your lazy butt down to the coin operated laundry and wash them in the designated oily clothes machine and dry them in the big dryer. :D

JDKRIEK

Mar 24, 2008
WYLIE
Thanks guys, good suggestions.

Or carry your lazy butt down to the coin operated laundry and wash them in the designated oily clothes machine and dry them in the big dryer.
I'm not (we're not) lazy by any definition of the word. Thanks.

jdh

BANNED!!!
Mar 2, 2008
There was 'sposed to be a smilie at the end of that one. I'll try to fix it.

There it went that time.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads