• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    From my fiancé,

by the way, I'm on the 3rd time through the washer for your cleaning stuff and it still stinks. Might be a lost cause.

See if they have any suggestions on the forums. Or a section for poor wives who have to clean up their husbands' greasy messes in order to be supportive of their hobbies.
    [cleaning stuff: rags with solvent, oil, grease, gun powder, ect]

Any suggestions?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I agree with 'buy new rags'. Go to your favorite auto parts store & pick up a bag of rags, they are cheap and disposable. They also sell the blue paper towels that are more like cotton, they work great.

If you have any old clothes, cut them up & use them. Toss them when you are done.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The problem is these products are petroleum based, so they are not miscible in water. You need to scrub them with something that allows the oil to come loose. I would suggest using the dish detergent, as it's meant to break-up oil prior to the wash cycle.

Uniform companies also deal with rags. They'll pick them up and wash them, drop off new ones for you to use.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Get you a bucket of very HOT very soapy water and take it outside. Put the rags in it to soak until it cools enough to hand wash them. Then rinse well and hang them up outside to dry and air out.

Or carry your lazy butt down to the coin operated laundry and wash them in the designated oily clothes machine and dry them in the big dryer. :D

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Thanks guys, good suggestions.

Or carry your lazy butt down to the coin operated laundry and wash them in the designated oily clothes machine and dry them in the big dryer.

I'm not (we're not) lazy by any definition of the word. Thanks.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    There was 'sposed to be a smilie at the end of that one. I'll try to fix it.

There it went that time.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Don't mind me, I'm originally from Florida ;)

And just cause the cat gives birth in the oven, that don't make them kittens biscuits.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Personally, I'd recommend just throwing them away and buying more to use as "disposables". What works really well is those red shop towels from Autozone or any other auto parts store. Usually you get a pretty big bundle of them for $5 or so and they'll last awhile, unless you have LOTS of guns that is. ;) I also usually save old socks, shirts, or other damaged or worn clothing and use them as rags. Whatever works is what I say. Those darn HK guys though, they probably use 100% German, factory HK cleaning cloths (because only OEM is the best right?) that are probably a $100 a piece or something. I'm joking of course.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I dont deal with washing them...I have been using these for years and they work great. They hold up well under rough use and when finished, are disposed of. I get them at Sams Club.

0003600075062_L4.jpg

Top Bottom