• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Is it just me or do the Classifieds get overly-clogged when a seller has five guns to sell at the same time, yet opts to open five separate threads rather than place the five guns in one single thread (so as not to occupy a huge percent of the first page of forum section)? Yeah, I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but I don't think so. At this very moment there are two different (unnamed) sellers who are dominating the first page instead of trying to consolidate things. /rant
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I feel the opposite. Each one can be closed separately instead of having to go through one long thread only to find out the one you want is sold.

If the OP could edit and delete sold items or the title I might feel differently.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I just stopped looking at the for sale ads because it has been the same 5 items since last October. You would think that other people would post things for sale.
    That "bump" guy needs to stop responding so much...

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I just stopped looking at the for sale ads because it has been the same 5 items since last October. You would think that other people would post things for sale. That "bump" guy needs to stop responding so much...
    Not sure what size screen you are viewing, but on my 19" flat panel I am seeing 13 different sellers on the first page, only a couple of which have listings for more than 1 item. And if you are really interested in seeing what else is for sale it shouldn't be hard to scroll thru several pages.

But if you are using a phone, then all I can say is you are size challenged.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    There are two sellers right now on the first page--each with FOUR separate WTS ads. That occupies way too much space. I can see it if you start the threads on different dates and they just get bumped up; however, starting four separate threads just a few minutes/hours apart makes it seem hoggish.

But, I agree--it would be better if OPs could edit ( like other forums I'm familiar with).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've noticed some items have been listed for and extended period with little activity other than being bumped, usually as often as the rules allow.

We will look at the situation and see if it warrants any changes to the rules regarding the classified section.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've noticed some items have been listed for and extended period with little activity other than being bumped, usually as often as the rules allow.

We will look at the situation and see if it warrants any changes to the rules regarding the classified section.

What do you mean? Like a required price drop or trade options?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not at all.

But if an item is bumped almost daily for 2 months and no one is interested...maybe the seller should consider not bumping other items down the list for an ad that hasn't changed in any way to increase interest.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not at all.

But if an item is bumped almost daily for 2 months and no one is interested...maybe the seller should consider not bumping other items down the list for an ad that hasn't changed in any way to increase interest.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd never consider requiring someone to lower a price or accept trades. And there may be no changes at all.

I've just noticed that some ads go for a long time with no changes but nearly daily bumps. Honestly, 99% of users fall outside of the category and wouldn't be effected IF any changes were made.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd never consider requiring someone to lower a price or accept trades. And there may be no changes at all.

I've just noticed that some ads go for a long time with no changes but nearly daily bumps. Honestly, 99% of users fall outside of the category and wouldn't be effected IF any changes were made.
    Gotcha.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Not sure what size screen you are viewing, but on my 19" flat panel I am seeing 13 different sellers on the first page, only a couple of which have listings for more than 1 item. And if you are really interested in seeing what else is for sale it shouldn't be hard to scroll thru several pages.

But if you are using a phone, then all I can say is you are size challenged.
    Sorry, I forgot to add the <sarcasm on> and <sarcasm off> before and after my comments :)
    It was an attempt to highlight the long term repetitive nature of some of the items offered for sale.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    If you have so many open sale threads that it bothers someone enough to post a rant, you probably ought to get an FFL before someone reports you to the ATF as well.

:flag:

Top Bottom