cmmg 22 conversion for AR...........

AZ Refugee

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2014
Great setup. I have a dedicated 22lr upper, same components, runs like it should. Had it about 8 years

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
Dec 12, 2010
Eagle Mountain Lake area
opinions please.
I acquired a CMMG conversion set awhile back.
4.5” barrel, Bolt and collar for the barrel. Assembled into a standard upper with a 4” carbon fiber handguard. The threaded end of the barrel just stick past the handguard. I put a RDS on it and picked up some Black Dog magazines and a drum. It sits on my SBR lower and run great with the Spectre 2 on it. It will dump a mag as quickly as I can pull the trigger. The drum rocks with non-hollow point bullets. I haven’t fired for groups as it was intended as a blaster. I will do so sometime this winter.

I may eventually set it up on a dedicated lower.

I already had the upper so the only real cost was the conversion kit, the handguard I caught on a clearance sale for $40, and then the magazines.

I need to find a longer barrel and collar so I have other options for range day.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
I hear good things but opted for a dedicated rifle for my daughter. I just couldn't justify the cost compared to buying a whole gun.

M&P22 btw. We really like it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
Have an old CMMG dedicated .22 upper on a Spike's lower I built out years ago.
Mine has a habit of breaking firing pins so I keep several spares on hand.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
CMMG's dedicated upper with Black Dog Machine drums run great suppressed or not in my M16.

Top Bottom