• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Great setup. I have a dedicated 22lr upper, same components, runs like it should. Had it about 8 years

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    opinions please.

I acquired a CMMG conversion set awhile back.
    4.5” barrel, Bolt and collar for the barrel. Assembled into a standard upper with a 4” carbon fiber handguard. The threaded end of the barrel just stick past the handguard. I put a RDS on it and picked up some Black Dog magazines and a drum. It sits on my SBR lower and run great with the Spectre 2 on it. It will dump a mag as quickly as I can pull the trigger. The drum rocks with non-hollow point bullets. I haven’t fired for groups as it was intended as a blaster. I will do so sometime this winter.

I may eventually set it up on a dedicated lower.

I already had the upper so the only real cost was the conversion kit, the handguard I caught on a clearance sale for $40, and then the magazines.

I need to find a longer barrel and collar so I have other options for range day.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I hear good things but opted for a dedicated rifle for my daughter. I just couldn't justify the cost compared to buying a whole gun.

M&P22 btw. We really like it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Have an old CMMG dedicated .22 upper on a Spike's lower I built out years ago.
    Mine has a habit of breaking firing pins so I keep several spares on hand.

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    I had one for my AR.... Easy, inexpensive, and just plain works..... Be sure to get at least 2 mags as you will be blowing through a lot of .22LR....

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Only drawback if not running a dedicated 22LR upper is that the chamber of your .556 barrel will foul after running .22LR through it and you will be unable to chamber .556 until you clean the chamber....I eventually opted to build a dedicated .22LR upper.......

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Only drawback if not running a dedicated 22LR upper is that the chamber of your .556 barrel will foul after running .22LR through it and you will be unable to chamber .556 until you clean the chamber....I eventually opted to build a dedicated .22LR upper.......
    I decided to go ahead and get one just becasue.

As far as gas blowback and fouling.......I found a source for a neat little 3-D printed thingy that fits in the charging handle channel to mitigate the blowback. The recommendation is that after shooting it as .22LR, put the 5.56 bolt back in and shoot a couple of rounds to "blow it out".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom