• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Any chance you could PM me a copy of the letter? I'd love to send it to my employer and my friends would love to do the same!
    All of us are getting unlawfully harassed (think HIPPA) to provide medical information to HR and we keep refusing and repeating to them that their requests are illegal.
    I'd love to give them the right kind of letter so that they will finally STFU.
    You'd need one with applicable statutes formulated by an attorney in your state to be effective IMO. That being said, do a Duck Duck Go search for "Robert Barnes Covid Legal Letter" and go from there. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Any chance you could PM me a copy of the letter? I'd love to send it to my employer and my friends would love to do the same!
    All of us are getting unlawfully harassed (think HIPPA) to provide medical information to HR and we keep refusing and repeating to them that their requests are illegal.
    I'd love to give them the right kind of letter so that they will finally STFU.
    I don’t know if it’s a hipaa violation if they want to have access to your medical records but they sure as hell can fire you anytime. Something to think about.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don’t know if it’s a hipaa violation if they want to have access to your medical records but they sure as hell can fire you anytime. Something to think about.
    Broad statement, it actually depends on your basis of employment. If you have a contract, it would have to state your conditions of employment.

Reactions: gll

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Broad statement, it actually depends on your basis of employment. If you have a contract, it would have to state your conditions of employment.
    Good point. Aren’t most contracts written by the employer though and for their benefit and not the employee?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I'm sure that in the more authoritarian parts of America they'll be issued special armbands, or possibly something that can be sewed into their clothing.
    You mean like THIS?
    Fashionable in the 1930s/40s.
    Jewish badge.jpg

Reactions: gll

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Good point. Aren’t most contracts written by the employer though and for their benefit and not the employee?
    Certainly, and I read and signed my contract. Nothing in mine said they have the right to mandate vaccines or to make my medical information available. Now sure, they could change things (although I work in a public service, so it would have to come from the state), but then they would have to offer compensation to void a contract. If I decide to quit, then they can demand compensation.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Certainly, and I read and signed my contract. Nothing in mine said they have the right to mandate vaccines or to make my medical information available. Now sure, they could change things (although I work in a public service, so it would have to come from the state), but then they would have to offer compensation to void a contract. If I decide to quit, then they can demand compensation.
    You saying they can’t fire you?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My point was that probably most people can be fired if they refuse to be vaccinated, although they may not claim it was for vaccine refusal. I certainly could be wrong though as not my expertise.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My point was that probably most people can be fired if they refuse to be vaccinated, although they may not claim it was for vaccine refusal. I certainly could be wrong though as not my expertise.
    I imagine since Texas is a right to work state, many can be fired without much reason. Not sure that they would use refusal to vaccinate as a reason. That could open them up to lawsuits, unless their "terms of employment" include vaccination. I am on salary, not hourly employment. Many salary employees have long term contracts.

Now I can be offered compensation to opt out of a contract, and if I take it, certainly it is a termination, but I would find it odd to be called fired when I can also decline that offer.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This just in. Labor lawyers are probably lining up to file suit in a contingency basis. CNN will probably settle. You’ll probably never hear about that.

CNN fired 3 staffers for coming to the office unvaccinated against COVID-19.

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    1. Texas is one of the least employee-friendly States in the union. I say that just so people have realistic expectations. There are very few lawyers that focus on employee rights in this State and there is a reason for that - they just haven't gone bankrupt yet.

2. Nearly everyone is employed "at-will." You are not at-will if you have a contract for a set term (eg. 3 years). These contracts normally have defined terms outlining what constitutes good Cause to terminate or good Reason to quit. These contracts are rare and normally reserved for people with a financial interest in the company or very hard to find skills.

3. If your employer has 15 or more employees, you can request a reasonable accommodation for religious, disability or pregnancy discrimination. Most religious requests are based on the fact that every one of these clotshots uses fetal tissue in one way or another. There is no magic bullet. There are plenty of letters and forms floating around out there, but all you really need to do is explain your beliefs and concerns. The employer is responsible to engage in a back and forth discussion to attempt to find a reasonable accommodation. If you are fired for refusing the shot, and your employer rejected your request for reasonable accommodation, you should file a charge of discrimination with the EEOC and the TWC.

4. Employees facing a clotshot mandate should organize their own unions immediately. Start protesting on company property. Go on strike the day before the clotshot terminations. File unfair labor practices with the board. More information.

5. DO NOT QUIT. Make them fire you. File for unemployment immediately with the TWC. No, I do not know what they are going to do. File every appeal (two levels) available to you within the TWC if they reject your claim.

6. Of course, look for employment with people that respect you and treat you like a human being and not a lab rat.

7. Boycott every company that forces clotshots and masks.

8. Find out who your State and federal representatives are and send them an email right now. Follow-up with a physical letter. Remind your Texas representatives that they had TWO bills that would have protected you, but they just could not manage to get it done. Send this to the Governor as well.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Fact check: the original news about no vaccination was from December of 2020. The follow-up you posted was from March right after he got vaccinated. Yes, someone highlighted a December article in August but that does not make it false to say that he wasn't fully vaccinated and had to cancel his trip because that was true in December. Perspective.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Fact check: the original news about no vaccination was from December of 2020. The follow-up you posted was from March right after he got vaccinated. Yes, someone highlighted a December article in August but that does not make it false to say that he wasn't fully vaccinated and had to cancel his trip because that was true in December. Perspective.
    I don’t think the emphasis was the trip but that the CEO of Pfizer didn’t get vaccinated by his companies vaccine. Proof that it was too dangerous to take. Or maybe not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom