• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I read that the shooter was upset because the targeted teacher tossed him off of the debate team. So, once again, we have a nutso young person acting out on insults real or imagined, combined with gun free school zone and apparently very loose security at the school. How in hell can a guy carrying a shotgun even enter a school unchallenged?

Flash
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I read that the shooter was upset because the targeted teacher tossed him off of the debate team. So, once again, we have a nutso young person acting out on insults real or imagined, combined with gun free school zone and apparently very loose security at the school. How in hell can a guy carrying a shotgun even enter a school unchallenged?

Flash

Judging from his reaction I would venture he wasn't really very effective at debating.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Flash

Not many unarmed people are willing to challenge someone wielding a shotgun. :p

Judging from his reaction I would venture he wasn't really very effective at debating.

LOL!

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Caught part of a report about this on CNN earlier tonight. The chick that got shot is still alive (critical condition) after being shot in the head "at point-blank". That has me wondering if the bastard was using birdshot.

Surprisingly, the CNN report I caught actually seemed to focus more on mental health than this kid (who was actually 18) having a long gun and ammo. They explicitly said at least twice that he purchased both the gun and ammo legally, then never brought it up again.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Caught part of a report about this on CNN earlier tonight. The chick that got shot is still alive (critical condition) after being shot in the head "at point-blank". That has me wondering if the bastard was using birdshot.

Even at point blank, you'd have the effect of a slug (wall of lead) ... that's if you go literal point blank. Few feet away, at least, then that's a different story.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I assumed they meant point-blank as in really damn close. Caught a snippet on Fox about half an hour ago that said he was about ten feet away when he shot her.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Yeah, I wasn't gonna say anything about that... But really, the fact that the girl who got shot survived is just amazing, regardless of what load the dumbshit was firing. Either she got really lucky, or someone upstairs was watching out for her.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You're saying that all the lead coming out of the barrel at a single spot, point blank, would not have slug like effects? Then explain how the theory of cutshells doesn't work?

As soon as shot hits flesh, it spreads. The smaller the shot, the faster it spreads. Shot will never, can never, act like a slug no matter how close the range its fired from.

Cut shells are dangerous. Idiotically dangerous. Besides the radically increased potential to damage your gun (and you), all a cut shell can/will do is get the shot to the target without it spreading at all. Once it hits the target, it won't do the same thing a slug will.

Last edited:

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    For the first couple inches it might. Even at point-blank, though, birdshot has pretty much jack shit for penetration, especially if there's bone that it has to punch through.

Top Bottom