• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Just wondering if anyone knew whether these were legal within Fort Worth city limits? They are damn loud, that's for sure.
    d102406a439f2d6c998177df02e37875.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I can't answer your question, but was wondering if that is the Sig 320 air gun? If so, is it worth the $100 bucks?
    it's the P226, and I haven't shot it yet. The MCX wasn't firing and I was trying to figure it out when a policeman drove by. Our house sits up a bit due to lot grade, and he sat at the stop sign for a good 2-3 minutes so I packed up lol.

There was a special a year or 2 ago, and the P226 was free with purchase of the MCX.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Most of the time its dependent on the size of your lot and making sure the bullets do not cross property lines,rivers,roads ect.

But I would bet that some cites do prohibit them and HOA might have a restriction on them.

I would also check with the neighbors about how they feel about it if your on good terms with them or they gona call the PoPo regardless of legality

Just wondering if anyone knew whether these were legal within Fort Worth city limits? They are damn loud, that's for sure. View attachment 141427

Sent from my SIG Sauer

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No.
    § 23-4 DISCHARGING BB GUNS, AIR GUNS—PROHIBITED.
    No person shall discharge any kind or species of air gun, air pistol or BB gun within the city; provided, however, “air gun” and “air pistol” shall not include a gun or pistol utilizing a compressed gas or air propellant and operated as part of an amusement arcade or a paintball amusement facility or event.
    (1964 Code, § 27-8) (Ord. 13594, § 1, passed 9-29-1998)

§ 23-5 SAME—LIABILITY OF PARENTS.
    (a) No parent or any other person having legal control or custody of any boy or any girl under the age of 17 years shall permit such boy or girl to discharge any kind or species of air gun, air pistol or BB gun within the city; provided, however, “air gun” and “air pistol” shall not include a gun or pistol utilizing a compressed gas or air propellant and operated as part of an amusement arcade or a paintball amusement facility or event.
    (b) A violation of § 23-4 by any boy or any girl under the age of 17 years shall be prima facie evidence of the guilt of the parent or person having legal control or custody of such boy or girl.
    (1964 Code, § 27-9) (Ord. 13594, § 2, passed 9-29-1998)

Source: http://publicdocuments.fortworthtexas.gov/csodocs/DocView.aspx?dbid=0&id=7919&page=1&cr=1

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Most cities have ordinances against pellet and BB guns. Even the small Texas town where I grew up but we had some woods behind the house where nobody could see us.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    When I was a kid we had a basement and my pellet gun range was down there. But that was a hundred years ago, at least it feels like it.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Our biggest hindrance is how open our backyard is.

this is from our patio.

And also looking for tips on getting rid of Johnson Grass. It's insane and on the other side of the fence on the right it grows rampant. I've already done our late fall fertilizing and I overseeded bermuda to try to thicken it up. Lots of burn spots too from getting carried away with speedzone.
    c02118350d311847146bb038dbce98d9.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I'm going to test a new backstop this weekend, drape a moving blanket over the plywood. Hopefully deaden the impact sound.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Our biggest hindrance is how open our backyard is.

this is from our patio.

And also looking for tips on getting rid of Johnson Grass. It's insane and on the other side of the fence on the right it grows rampant. I've already done our late fall fertilizing and I overseeded bermuda to try to thicken it up. Lots of burn spots too from getting carried away with speedzone. View attachment 141503

Sent from my SIG Sauer

You can make a weed killer that should work for johnson grass. Mix 2 gallons of vinegar, 2 cups epsom salts and 1/2 cup of dawn dish washing liquid. It is cheaper to make than buying roundup or any of the other weed killers.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    You can make a weed killer that should work for johnson grass. Mix 2 gallons of vinegar, 2 cups epsom salts and 1/2 cup of dawn dish washing liquid. It is cheaper to make than buying roundup or any of the other weed killers.
    unfortunately that will kill the bermuda as well... i probably just have to mow weekly for a few years and try to choke it out.

msma should kill it, but is too hard to find

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom