• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think some are struggling with a morality versus a legality issue on this subject. As in the age of the so-called "victim". And I use the term "victim" very loosely given how she misrepresented her age, and the occupation she was using her misrepresented age to enter into. That doesn't necessarily excuse the behavior or actions of Wilson either. He probably should have verified it for himself, instead of assuming she was old enough. But I can understand and sympathize with his predicament to a degree.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But I can understand and sympathize with his predicament to a degree.
    It's rare that the criminal justice system will do the same. As I've pointed out before, the only reason people dodged going to prison in the whole Traci Lords debacle was that she showed up at 15 years old with a birth certificate, a driver's license, and a passport. She had used the birth certificate and driver's license to get the passport. For the time, she'd done a very good job of stealing an identity in a cold-blooded plan to make a lot of money selling her body. When she was 15 years old!

The defense argued that if even the State Department couldn't verify her age correctly, how in the bloody hell were some filmmakers in the Valley supposed to be able to do so?

Virtually all the charges were eventually dropped, reportedly because the prosecution didn't think they could find jury members who would agree that strictly applying the law in that case was something they could do in good conscience.

The fact that Cody Wilson wasn't given the same benefit of the doubt doesn't surprise me a bit.

Top Bottom