• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Starbucks is not Coffee! It is a political trap that sucks in the "me" generation like Lemmings over a cliff!
    NO Thank You!
    I have been fortunate or unfortunate as the case may be to have Coffee from all imaginable venues around the world. From those double boiler pots of Espresso over a wood fire on the docks of Genoa, Italy... to hard brewed Samovar Coffee in Istanbul Turkey. Early morning coffee and cognac on the beaches of Golf Juan and Marseilles on the French Riviera. None was ever bad. Some more memorable than others. All and all the atmosphere did make a flavor.
    BUT the absolute best was that cup of JOE, shared with shipmates in the heat and sweat in a the bowels of a US Navy Destroyer Boiler Room amid screaming turbines and hissing steam! Brewed in an old time military Urn served in patina coated unwashed mugs! while pounding the waves in the North Atlantic.
    Today I am a little more refined I tend to lean to "Death Wish" and Wake The hell Up coffees. Anchors Away!
    Military Camp

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    139325598_3622707154514170_6772780597903020967_n.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Honestly, I started drinking coffee because my grandfather and father drank coffee! But, I found that I really did enjoy coffee though.

For me, the best tasting coffee is coffee that I can drink without adding anything to in it's natural brewed state. No sugar, no creamer or milk added.

And you don't find that type of coffee at Starbucks!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I like BRC but my favorite vet owned Texas roasted coffee company is Invader:

My absolute favorite coffee of all time is roasted in San Antonio and very reasonably priced. This stuff is very smooth and tasty! Used to be available at my local Costco but hasn’t been for a few years, so I order it from Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B00H40X6XC

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    One interesting coffee experience was at a Civil War Reenactment Weekend Encampment. NO Pre Ground Coffee allowed. Break out a Pot and a flat stone. Commence bashing the beans with a rifle butt or a horseshoe hammer if one was available. Get the pot full of water, throw in the grindings, boil the bejesus out of them then throw in some egg shells to settle the grinds... and enjoy. A REAL taste treat! No wonder them fellers was so ornery!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I like coffee. Nothing too fancy, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a Starbucks!

I like to keep it simple too. I generally buy my coffee at the dollar store! I also like the coffee and chicory blends, because of the stronger flavor. Plus it goes much further.

Even my coffee preparations are pretty simple. I had to buy a new coffeemaker last year, after my twenty year old Mr. Coffee up and died on me. Got my money's worth out of that one!

But I wouldn't mind venturing into trying out some new blends. Open to suggestions.
    Brookshires has Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Nice lookin ride you have in the avatar! My last ride was a 1952 Indian Roadmaster V twin. Laying that beast down was like picking up an old Hudson Hornet....
    That's a 98 Heritage with a little over 110.000 miles on it. My 1st bike was a 59 FLH DUO GLIDE, full dress. Bought it in 1964 for $1,500.00. Wish I still had it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Here's a tip I learned from someone many years ago if you use a thermos to carry coffee in when you leave the house.

If you fill up the thermos with really hot water and let it sit for a little while before filling it with coffee, the coffee will stay hotter for a longer period of time.

Either use the hot water from your kitchen faucet, or use the microwave to heat up water to pour into the thermos.

I have done this for many years now, and had hot coffee from my thermos up into the late afternoon.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Good idea. I'll do this with my thermos in the morning.

Thanks for the info.
    Many of the shops I worked in over the years, had coffee makers, but I still carried a thermos with coffee for those times I was out of the shop working on equipment and such. Especially on cold days like today, and you're outside working. A hot cup of coffee just makes the work a little easier to endure.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I don't have a coffee pot in my job trailer. wouldn't do me any good anyway. pulled all of the wiring out of the existing building and won't start pulling new wire until Tuesday. 6000 watt generator for my subs and no generator for my job trailer. I stay in the field keeping an eye on the work my trades are doing most of the time anyway. all of my trades do good work, but I like to stay on top of everything to make sure there is no issues that might bite us in the butt somewhere down the road.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don't have a coffee pot in my job trailer. wouldn't do me any good anyway. pulled all of the wiring out of the existing building and won't start pulling new wire until Tuesday. 6000 watt generator for my subs and no generator for my job trailer. I stay in the field keeping an eye on the work my trades are doing most of the time anyway. all of my trades do good work, but I like to stay on top of everything to make sure there is no issues that might bite us in the butt somewhere down the road.
    BTDT. I hope this tip will help you out a little. Going to be chilly for a few days.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I know your thermos tip will do wonders for keeping my coffee hot longer. on a good note, i can park my truck within several yards of the building. I can sit in it, with the heater blasting, and warm up as needed.

Top Bottom