• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So pretty much everybody know the basics of cold weather gear. Layers, layers, layers.

So what's the coldest temps you have ridden in and what gear did you use. I'm getting prepared for a ride from Waco to corpus in February and looking to see what others have worn.

My go-to gear when it gets cold right now:

For my legs: Polypros, fleece lined jeans, and wind pants. Shopping for chaps.

Upper body: polar tech silk weight shirt, T shirt or light long sleeve, Polypros, leather jacket with liner.

Wear a modular helmet and picked up a microfleece mask that does a decent job of keeping the wind off my neck.

Looking at upgrading my gloves, have some water proof hunting gloves that do well but haven't tested them in the 30 degree range, or any other gear for that matter.

I plan to due some test rides this week while the temps are down and figure out where I need to improve.
    Guns International

96fordsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    conroe
    Younggun if the weather in February is as cold as this get some heated gear. Monday I bought me a truck after 2 years of motorcycling. Heated gear is nice.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've looked, but don't think I'll be able to spring for heated this year.

If you have lived in Texas long you know there is a chance that it will be 20, and a chance it will be 75 and sunny, lol.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I've looked, but don't think I'll be able to spring for heated this year.

If you have lived in Texas long you know there is a chance that it will be 20, and a chance it will be 75 and sunny, lol.

Thats my biggest problem. The temperature difference from morning to evening can be extreme. Leave for work at 29 head home at 68, freeze on the way and roast on the way home. I think heated gear would would be the way to go turn off the heat when you don't need it.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    A windproof layer with a fleece liner (I have an Aerotich jacket), along with a couple of base layers takes me down to 30 degrees. I'm good down to about 20 with an electric liner and gloves. Something to keep your neck warm goes a long ways towards making the ride tolerable.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    layers are the way to go. tall socks . leather is the best for cold weather. . leather gauntlet gloves. be sure that your jacket doesnt ride up and expose skin to the cold. i have done a ride in 30 weather without electiriic gear. it can be done. younggun send a pm and i will give you more details

Top Bottom