• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have a coleman propane stove, but It didn't occur to me to grab some of those little propane bottles. I have several 20 pound bottles though. Anyone have a set up to run a coleman stove off the big bottles?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have a coleman propane stove, but It didn't occur to me to grab some of those little propane bottles. I have several 20 pound bottles though. Anyone have a set up to run a coleman stove off the big bottles?

TreyG-20,

At least recently, the adapter that you want was for sale on EBAY for less than 10 bucks. = I think like 7.99 + s&h.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hang onto your old Coleman stoves. The new ones are made in China and are cheap crap.

oldag,

100% TRUE, imo.
    The SAME is true about the AMERICAN-made vs. CHINA-made STANLEY "bottles".
    (I'm now buying & "putting away" every US-made STANLEY BOTTLE that I find at garage sales & thrift stores, as the future prices will go no place but UP.)

yours, satx

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I have a stove, and 2 lanterns that my grandpa bought in the 50’s

They all work perfectly. I’ve kept them running since he gave them to me 25 years ago. I picked up some extra gas for them a couple weeks before the storm, and had them in the house in case we needed them. We didn’t. I also brought in my MrBuddy heater. Only needed it for a short while to keep Mrs warm while I was connecting the generator

Power went out for 36 hours. The only thing I went without was the clothes dryer. We didn’t use the microwave or coffee pot just as a precaution so it didn’t overload the genny.

We hosted our neighbors while power was out, so they could warm up and charge phones. We were the only house on the block with a generator.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    We hosted our neighbors while power was out, so they could warm up and charge phones. We were the only house on the block with a generator.

Gummi Bear,

I salute you for your GOOD WORKS in the "ice crisis".
    (I had several "unplanned/unexpected guests", who came to our place "warm up", shower/shave, cook & eat for 2 days/nights, as we had lights/heat/running water/food throughout the period.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Gummi Bear,

I once more congratulate you on helping your neighbors.

FYI, Mrs. Burke, who lives about a block from me (and whom I don't know at all) knocked on my door this afternoon about 1600, handed me a LEMON CREAM PIE, said: "I'm Emily Burke from down on East Carson ST. ----- THANKS for feeding my daughter & SIL on Tuesday evening. ------ I was baking, so I brought you one".
    (I thanked her for the pie She just smiled, waved & departed.)

Fwiw, I have NO idea which young couple that her daughter & SIL were, as there were SEVERAL young folks, who came by as they were cold, hungry & "sitting in the dark".. = I think that my housekeeper (Diana), told them to come to my place to get WARM & "something to eat". = IF they didn't want spaghetti with marinara sauce, garlic bread & HOT coffee, they were SOL.
    (For the SATX area, Valentine's Day & 3 days thereafter were MISERABLE. = My neighbor Linda-Jo said that it was ONE degree, [with sleet & freezing rain!!] Tuesday morning on her porch thermometer at 0500.)

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eli
    Top Bottom