Colin Powell dies of Covid Complications at 84, he was fully vaccinated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    He may have brought AIDS from the simian population to humans.
    1634585821800.gif

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m waiting for the talking heads to tell us he would have been much worse had he been unvaccinated

Edit: unvaxxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    A COVID complication would be pneumonia, heart failure, renal failure, respiratory failure, etc. It's not political or posturing. It's the correct terminology…….

If you want to get real technical, everyone dies from the same thing - anoxic brain injury. How you got the anoxic brain injury is the question.
    Interesting! So does that mean we have some “immortals” on TGT who will never die? I’m thinking so, cause I’m pretty sure a couple folks who post don’t have any brains…

LOL!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    First thing I thought when I heard everyone saying this is proof of vaccine failure and before I knew he had comorbidities. This is not the case to use to prove vaccines aren't working.
    I was making the point hes well past his life expectancy so what a bigger comorbidity than old. Plus in his case the bone marrow cancer.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

Err, Guys ! No one ever told you that any vaccine was perfect. Medical decisions, and especially Preventive Medicine efforts, are all about "understanding the odds".

All proper research on this, and every other common vaccines, have confirmed that a person's odds are much better when taking the vaccine.

Some useful vaccines don't have such good odds, and are therefore restricted to special circumstances. Examples of some are rabies vaccine and "BCG" Tuberculosis vaccine.

So, this proves absolutely NOTHING and y'all shouldn't be drawing absurd conclusions from it.

leVieux

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was making the point hes well past his life expectancy so what a bigger comorbidity than old. Plus in his case the bone marrow cancer.

Good point, the average life expectancy of a black male in the US is 72.2 years (according to 2015 CDC data)

However, I would contend Powell was not an average black male!

He was a professional soldier for 35 years, was a Ranger and earned the Pathfinder, Expert Infantryman, air assault and parachutist badges.

There was also talk at one point of giving him (and Schwarzkopf) a fifth star (General of the Army), but obviously that didn't happen.

As such, I am sure he had the best medical support a person could want!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    40 percent of the dead from covid last month in Maryland hospitals had been vax'ed. According to Redfield.
    That just means they don't meet the new definition of
    "fully vax'ed". boosters baby ! Darned vaxes wear off pretty fast.
    Do you have a link for that. I couldn't find any recent articles that reflect the variation in the death rate between vaxed and unvaxed in Maryland. I may not be asking Google the right questions. Earliest that came up were from August.

These are what I could find:

There's a similar timeframe and trend in neighboring Howard County, where health officials said roughly 30% to 40% of people hospitalized with COVID-19 are fully vaccinated. "In that group, we're finding that it tends to skew older and that it tends to be people with other conditions as well," Kalyanaraman said.

The 53 fully vaccinated people who died accounted for 3.7% of the deaths confirmed to have been caused by the virus in the state since January, according to the state. The 454 fully vaccinated patients who have been hospitalized represent 3.8% of COVID-19 hospitalizations since then, the state said.

Do you have something more current?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom