• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Just spreading the word that they will now not sell NFA items unless you have CLEO sign-off. What a spineless move on their part. Unless they reverse that policy, I'll never step foot in that store again. **** 'em!!!
    Venture Surplus ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That's crap and I'm not even in the market for any C3 gear. Any idea what prompted the decision?

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    I was done with Collector's Firearms years ago... for sooo many reasons. This just adds to the list and reminds me not to give them any of my money! I don't care what they are 'worried' about. They should be on the right (correct) side of this debate - not hedging that it will go the wrong way... :mad:

The law is the law, until it is changed...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Only thing I've ever done in there is fondle the guns I want but don't have. They're way overpriced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just a question here but didn't the new changes to the trust laws make a CLEO sign off a requirement anyways? Am I wrong or missing something here?

PS I have always heard that Collector's is overpriced anyways so I don't go when I am in the area.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    They used to have the best prices on suppressors in town, got my TiRant from them. However their NFA department went down hill after Noe left.

They are also well known for ripping off non-gun knowledgeable folks that go there to sell their guns.

However, they do make deals off the listed price. Bought a few guns there where I feel I made a good deal. But you have to ask, and be ready to buy (cash helps).

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Just a question here but didn't the new changes to the trust laws make a CLEO sign off a requirement anyways? Am I wrong or missing something here?

PS I have always heard that Collector's is overpriced anyways so I don't go when I am in the area.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but I believe that was the PROPOSED change ... nothing in effect as of yet.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    While I don't agree with their decision, I understand this is a CYA move. They are concerned with Form 4s being rejected and the mess associated with that situation. If I were in their shoes, I would continue to submit under trusts without CLEO sign-off with an understanding that if a form is rejected the buyer must either get CLEO sign-off or pay a restocking fee.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Yes, you are missing the fact that nothing has changed yet.

Supposedly, Collectors has reversed their position for the time being.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Supposedly, Collectors has reversed their position for the time being.
    Reason #73 for never doing business with Collector's - Policies are often set based on which way the wind blows instead of legal necessity or sound business practices.

OK, that was a joke. The sad thing is that I'm sure, if we put our heads together, we could come up with 73 good reasons (or, at least, horror stories) to justify never setting foot in the place.

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    They used to have the best prices on suppressors in town, got my TiRant from them. However their NFA department went down hill after Noe left.

They are also well known for ripping off non-gun knowledgeable folks that go there to sell their guns.

However, they do make deals off the listed price. Bought a few guns there where I feel I made a good deal. But you have to ask, and be ready to buy (cash helps).

yep they got me...sold a 30/30 a few years back, they gave me 300 for it and then saw it a month later for 3300, i played it off and asked why that one was so expensive and he said its in mint condition and still has the original saddle ring blah, blah. and it was old.

sigh...

never sold any gun ever again after, i was just to green to know what i had.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    yep they got me...
    I'm trying to be nicer online these days, so I won't go into details of the dickishness I've observed from Collectors. I can't resist passing along one word to the wise, though. NEVER go to them for assistance with importing a firearm.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Took an antique pistol there. They offered me 200 for it. Not three feet away was a rusted similar model for 900 in a display. That was in the eighties. Have never darkened their doorway again, never will.

profound thinking about stuff

Top Bottom