Collectors Firearms - No Gun Sign

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by LittleGun, Mar 21, 2009.

1. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I visited Collectors Firearms, in Houston. I can't buy anything but I was passing by, so I just stopped in for a drool. I walked to the entrance and saw a no guns sign. It was not a 30.06 sign - just a no guns kind of sign. I think it said something like, "No loaded weapons allowed," or something similar. My first reactions was, "Why would a Texas gun store have such a policy?" Then I read the rest of the sign which said that CHL holders are exempted. I entered the store and saw a second sign telling CHL holders to keep their guns concealed. For a scary moment, I thought Collectors Firearms was going on my no-shopping list.

2. iratollah

iratollah Active Member

May 25, 2008
    You ought to change your thread title as it makes it seem that Collectors has a 30.06 sign. They do not.

3. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I agree that the title could be worded more succinctly, but I read it as the opposite...No "Gun Sign" instead of "No Gun" Sign. LOL

4. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    However it's worded, it's a "No Guns" sign.

. . . and in a gun shop, no less.

5. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Then, I stroll through thinking that he couldn't find a sign of any collectible firearms.

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    And the sign even says it does not apply to those with CHLs.

A very wise policy....

7. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Even if you found a gun there, it would be so overpriced you would not want it. And that's all assuming you could get one of the uppity salesmen to acknowledge you.

8. shinerb24

shinerb24 New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    don't be intimidated by the prices, ask them for a little discount, I am sure if you are polite they will try to accomodate you

9. shinerb24

shinerb24 New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    on another note, they do have some a$$holes that work there, some of the guys that work in the assault rifles, the short asian guy knows his stuff..or seems, but I am not sure about his "minion" that pretends to know everything about guns.