Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bashing through the cinder block back wall is exactly the same MO as the burglars used when Collectors had their big break-in 20+ years ago. Interesting.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    hell if i were a criminal and broke into collectors i'd go for the NFA stuff, suppressors, machine guns, and some high dollar black guns.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At least do your research first.
    Speaking of doing your research, how do criminals who have presumably NOT had a complete tour of the shop interior know where to bash in the back wall? Do it at random and you're liable to find yourself trying to enter through the back of a gun safe. Yet these guys knew precisely where to start turning blocks into concrete dust just to gain entry.

I find that very odd. I'm sure there's an adequate reason. I'm just curious what it will turn out to be.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yet these guys knew precisely where to start turning blocks into concrete dust just to gain entry.

And not hit utilities (water, electric, etc.) inside the walls.

Years ago, I worked a series of burglaries in mini-storage units where perps got into one unit then cut through walls to get to adjacent units.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    hell if i were a criminal and broke into collectors i'd go for the NFA stuff, suppressors, machine guns, and some high dollar black guns.

Screw the NFA stuff...its called Collector's Firearms for a reason...they have some highly collectible parts of history in there worth some serious money. I'm talking about a $26k revolver...stuff like that. Sure it would be harder to move immediately but it would be a much higher reward if you waited. Circumstances of the break-in seem suspicious and I can't believe the comments made by the police.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Last time I was there, I asked if they had any NFA stuff, & was told "no".

ETA: I specifically asked about FA stuff.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Screw the NFA stuff...its called Collector's Firearms for a reason...they have some highly collectible parts of history in there worth some serious money. I'm talking about a $26k revolver...stuff like that. Sure it would be harder to move immediately but it would be a much higher reward if you waited. Circumstances of the break-in seem suspicious and I can't believe the comments made by the police.

Last I checked a $35,000 early 1900s water cooled NFA machine gun was just as collectible as a revolver lol

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Last I checked a $35,000 early 1900s water cooled NFA machine gun was just as collectible as a revolver lol

Last I checked you couldn't even lift a .50 cal to your shoulder much less run off with a couple water-cooled machine guns...I'm pretty sure you could carry a couple dozen pistols.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    My guess it's the black rifles would be easier to sell verus a documented antique.

That, and if you deface the SN on a collectible, it would be literally worthless. And would raise a whole bunch of questions if the thief ever tried to sell it as an antique.

Top Bottom