• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned that pillar of the fine dining community, the world famous Dixie Chicken!

(Just remember sometimes eating out is about more than good taste :p )

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Guy's, This is one of the GREAT things about TGT. Texas is huge, so only on here could you get tons of awesome idea's from all around the state, in one forum. Thanks for all the participation.
    Skip

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I will more likely stop at T Jin China Diner than any other when passing through the land of maroon.
    Staff could use an attitude adjustment but that's not what I'm there for.

And I always shower and wash the car ASAP after leaving the area. :p

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    T-Bone Jones used to have the best ever hand-cut T-Bone steaks and Chicken-Fried steaks I ever ate anywhere.

Sadly, it is no longer in business.

You'll be stuck with Taco Cabana, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Cheddar's, and every other chain found everywhere else in Texas.

For lots of tasty food at a good price, visit the Golden Corral.
    Nooooooooo!!!!!

If you want locally Aggie owned fried chicken get Laynes on Welborn near South west parkway or the original on Texas at East Gate. Get extra Laynes sauce. It's an experience.

Best burgers are at The Chicken or The Chicken Oil Company. You can add death to them- Tabasco and jalapeños.

Harvey Washbangers is a washateria/bar and grill. Some of the best blue collar food. Philly cheese steaks and banger burgers are so good.

Just south on Wellborn is the famous Hullabaloo's. It's maybe a 20-30min drive but it's incredible. Pizza, pancakes, Philly Cheese Steaks like you won't believe.

Steaks are best at Sodalaks on 21 and hwy 6 on the madisonville side. Best chicken fried steak I'd had in town. They have another one in Snook Texas.

Dont get mexican food there. It sucks.

Powderhead

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2015
    B/CS
    I can't believe that no one's mentioned Torchy's Tacos - best tacos around, and check out their "secret" menu online before you go.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Going up to Hearne next weekend for a family reunion. Our hotel is in College Station. So I figured Friday we will just hang out at the hotel and go find something good to eat, and then spend the rest of the weekend at the reunion. Soooooo......any suggestions? ?????

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"
    Our oldest said there's a Torchie's Tacos there. Absolutely excellent "speedy food"

EDIT beaten by Powderhead.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom